The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Metal Gear Solid 4 dispatched at 09:51:08 this morning (15 minutes ago), so says GAME.co.uk. :shifty:

What will happen now is that it'll arrive at my desk at work tomorrow, and I'll have to spend the following 8 hours just looking at it until I can go home. Why have I set myself up for this suffering? :@

Edited by stokeriño

After.

Wait no I change my vote to Before. Because people will be rushing out to get it asap if they didn't go to any midnight launches.

Edited by Cloudy 'N Crackers

• 4 weeks later...
Oh yeah, I got MGS4, Civilization Revolution and Beijing by the way :shifty:

I don't think anyone heard

Don't kid us. You couldn't possibly already have those games seeing as they haven't been released.

He must know someone who works for Sony.

I'm Kojima's godson just so you know. :pervert:

Oh also, SPOILER ALERT.... Snake's OLD in this Metal Gear.

That'd be sweet if he started kicking ass while rolling around in a wheelchair.

Edited by MDP

Some unfortunate readers had their systems bricked by firmware 2.40. A PR representative from SCEA has informed us that they will fix your PS3 system for free if you were one of the few unlucky enough to have a bricked system. How's that for customer service?

"Our Consumer Services department is working directly with any impacted PS3 users, and, if it's determined that they were affected solely by the 2.40 issue, then their units will be repaired or exchanged at no cost. SCEA stands behind its products and always works to ensure the best possible consumer experience."

-PS3 Fanboy

I just checked a bit on PS3, they are actually selling a bundle with GTA4 and MGS4 for 450€ (amazon.de - dunno what harddrive becaus their pae is fucked up)) - can´t aford that but sounds like a great deal.

And MGS Porterpal Ops for 12.95 o.O

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Ugh.

Either PSN is being gay, or my router is fucking up. One day I'll turn the PS3 on and have no problems at all signing in, and the next it keeps signing me out all the time. Rather annoying.

I can't see it being my router, because it's all connected to the PC and I never lose any connection on here. Nothing is any different on my modem or my router when it signs me out.

Hopefully, it's them, not me.

...Even if it's most likely me. :/

I finally got around to completing MGS4 last night.

Without doubt it's the mightiest experience. It just "knows" how to make a fan mark out.

It also includes probably THE best moment in gaming history:

Where you're controlling Snake staggering down the microwave corridor, slowly he starts to collapse more and more as the microwaves explode into him until he's just barely dragging himself doggedly on as you hammer the triangle button...Meanwhile in the top half split of the screen everything is going horribly wrong for all the allies. It's the darkest hour, the bleakest moment....So unbelievably heartshaking.

Also, some parts of the finale extravaganza are a bit cheap and cheesy but screw it, I'll allow cheap and cheesy when I welcome it.

Mark outs:

Big Boss!

Played Gabriel-Sylar on Top Spin 3 last night. Was comprehensively beaten in the first game as Borg (he was Federer) 3-0, 3-1. Re-match though, I went for Roddick and he played as Nadal.....and just like in real life, Roddick has power coming out the butthole. And since neither of us can really use the risk shots, Roddick's power gave me a huge advantage, and I won 4-2, 3-0.

I can't take credit for beating you it was my brother who you played first i came home after the match then took over when he didn't want a rematch for whatever reason. I keep telling him not to use my profile but he doesn't listen i know Baddar has beat him(as well as me) quite a few times on GTA 4.