The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I got Haze today. I think it's pretty good actually. Story's good (so far), graphics are pretty cool, voice acting is brilliantly cheesy in an action movie style and AI is okay (from what I can tell).

Also some very cool set piece moments and I just got hit by a Nectar Grenade and went mental. Groovy.

I'm heading for 8/10 so far. It's no Call Of Duty 4 but it's far superior to Army Of Two, Kane and Lynch and Turok.

Just read about its' 7 hour campaign though :unsure:

Okay, game update for first post (along with my personal ratings):

Assassin's Creed (9)

Bladestorm: 100 Years War (8)

Call Of Duty 4 (9)

Elder Scrolls Oblivion GOTY (10)

Everybody's Golf (9)

Eye Of Judgement (7)

Grand Theft Auto IV (8)

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (8)

Guitar Hero 3 (8)

Haze (8)

Heavenly Sword (9)

Pro Evolution Soccer 08 (9)

Rock Band (8 - only got mic at moment)

Singstar (7 - they need better songs in Singstore)

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (9)

Warhawk (7)

Working in a games shop = cheaper games and the chance to swap and borrow games so I'm never stuck buying and keeping games I end up hating.

Hopefully being added by end of July:

Civilization Revolution

Metal Gear Solid 4

Beijing 2008

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Yep it's got a big online option that looks far too brilliant for it's own good! :P

Just played the Race Driver GRID demo and it's absolutely brilliant. I was unsure with them going the DIRT route after the magnificent TOCA Race Driver 3 but after barging through the field from last to first in a BMW (and being unable to break into a massive lead due to some good racing AI) and watching the frankly exhilerating replays (with some sensational angles that give a crazy sense of speed and excitement) I think I'm converted....Will have to get it now...Gah...

Hammy, is Everybody's Golf online?

And Vilge. Whenever I saw you raving on about Uncharted I thought you were really overhypying it. But now I have it I really see what you mean. Great game.

In the Bourne Conspiracy is it supposed to look like Matt Damon? I thought I read it was meant to be him. Good demo though.

And Vilge. Whenever I saw you raving on about Uncharted I thought you were really overhypying it. But now I have it I really see what you mean. Great game.

In the Bourne Conspiracy is it supposed to look like Matt Damon? I thought I read it was meant to be him. Good demo though.

I usually actually criticize the hell out of games, but Uncharted was just fun all around. I only wish it was a little longer. More people need to play it. :)

And from what I've read Matt Damon hates video game violence so he refused to allow his likeness for the game.

Quick, someone name some PS3 hack and slash games. Or PS3 RPGs.

Unfortunately there's no good RPGs for the PS3. You got Oblivion if you're into western style stuff. But the only thing really out right now is Encharted Arms, which isn't that good. But there's a bunch scheduled for the next year or two.

As for hack and slash, Hamster likes Bladestorm. From what I played of the demo it was better than most of that kind of stuff, but I'm not that interested. And of course Dynasty Warriors. I'm not that knowledgeable of them And if you mean Marvel Ultimate Alliance style stuff, aside from it, I have no clue.

Edited by Vilge Duin

Everybody's Golf IS online and it's magnificent. Probably one of the best online games actually.

Bladestorm is a cool game and I heartily recommend it, but you're not phsically fighting yourself but ordering your men around you to attack. Still very groovy.

The Bourne demo was pretty cool but it's a bit rough around the edges control and concept wise. Hopefully that's not the finished article but it's got some good ideas....I'm SICK of having to press the right button in an INSTANT in a little interactive cutscene though...That happened far too much with the failure do hit the right button meaning capture and back to the last checkpoint (via a lengthy loading time) you go...

Quick, someone name some PS3 hack and slash games. Or PS3 RPGs.

As for hack and slash, Hamster likes Bladestorm. From what I played of the demo it was better than most of that kind of stuff, but I'm not that interested. And of course Dynasty Warriors. I'm not that knowledgeable of them And if you mean Marvel Ultimate Alliance style stuff, aside from it, I have no clue.

To add to this, Heavenly Sword is alright in short bursts, sort of similar in gameplay to God Of War.

The PlayStation Blog has put together a really great video that clears up a lot of confusion about what the gameplay in PixelJunk Eden, which should be released this summer, is actually going to be like. PS Blog's Jeff Rubinstein starts off by speaking with producers Deb Mars and Matt Morton a little bit about the game (and they give tiny canned presentations), but then it gets good with the walkthrough of the title.

The gameplay walkthrough actually kicks off about 1:30 into the relatively unedited video and it definitely gets us excited for the PSN game. We certainly hope to see more videos from Sony in the future that take this casual approach to presentation and demonstration on the site.

From JoyStiq. Here's the video that features a little bit about the game followed by some gameplay:

http://crackle.com/c/Video_Games/PixelJunk...295059%26o%3D12

Thought i'd already done this but apparently not.

PSN = Gabriel-Sylar

Games = GTA 4, Unreal Tournament 3, Resistance Fall of Man, Burnout Paradise, Smackdown vs Raw 2008, Kane & Lynch, Skate, Rocketmen Axis of Evil, Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 & Motorstorm

So hey

The Orange Box on PS3, worth getting? I heard that it had some troubles but have they been patched up?

EDIT:

!

Four more PS1 classics are hitting the Japanese PSN. The most notable one of the lot is Hudson's Bomberman. What's good about this title is that you can pick it up from the Japanese store and you can still play it just fine without any knowledge of the Japanese language. Playing it on the PS3 shouldn't cause any problems but playing on the PSP means that multi-player won't be possible.

The other three games include Lord Monarch and Wizard's Harmony 2 which are both strategy RPGs. The last is Dig-a-Dig Pukka, a digging game. All titles are ¥600 ($5.73) each.

2K Games have spoken up about BioShock on PS3 and reconfirmed that the game is due for October 2008. The game will have all the standard port stuff with the additional DLC and patches from the previous 360 version. However, Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K, assures us there's more coming: "Over the coming months we look forward to revealing the new features and content that will make this a must-have game for its new audience, as well as for those who enjoyed it on the other platforms."

Pulled both off PS3 Fanboy. My girlfriend says that BioShock is worth a rental due to being a very quick game and holy shit awesome Bomberman. I hope Bomberman comes to the American PSN soon.

Edited by Partly Cloudy

We now have an updated list.

Hammy in future can you either just list the games you need to be added to the list or put a * or something next to your games that need to be added. It gets kinda confusing checking which ones are online and which ones are new.

Could we add Army of Two to the game list? I'm apparently the only person that has it. Me r sad. It's a fun game.