The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I don't think they'll drop the price for the console company wide. But there has been rumblings that a European 'drop' may happen. It's entirely SCEE's choice, and they seemingly don't like you guys.

If it does drop, it won't be until summer or fall until after the current crop of games are out (with MGS 4 all that really remains) and likely before Christmas time.

But if Microsoft drops the 360's price at all, which is more likely, you can bet Sony will follow in kind shortly thereafter.

So the European Playstation Day was today and according to various sources...

Home's delayed indefinately until Kaz Hirai thinks it's done. Is anyone here even interested in it? Maybe I'm not up on the info but it looks rather... uninteresting.

LittleBigPlanet has been delayed until October. Killzone 2 is slated for February 2009.

Resistance 2 will have a Facebook like website for matchmaking and other such things. The Online will have people playing in 5-6 player squads (within the upwards of 60 people playing) that will have their own unique objectives to accomplish against a similar squad with a similar goal.

Motorstorm 2 is titled Motorstorm: Pacific Rift. Twice as many tracks (16), with 4 player split screen available and new vehicles (like a monster truck).

A new SOCOM game is coming out sometime this year. With Secret Agent Clank for the PSP coming out June 17.

GT Academy accounced. A competition over 7 months with the prize being a 4 month racing training program to get a license. And then race in the 24 hour Dubai race in 2009 for Nissan's team.

And some other random crap was mentioned and/or happened that isn't really important...

Next week is supposed to be the Tokyo Playstation Day.

Anyone know how much the firmware updates take up on the HDD? Or even if anything takes up space that isn't right in front of my face?

With the 60 GB we have, 55 is initially available for use. We have 39 left.

I looked at everything we have installed and/or downloaded and that comes to about 9 GB. Which means there's 7 GBs "missing"... and I am wondering what they're used by.

Oh hello there, I'm afraid I didn't see you. What's that? Why yes, I DO have a PS3, little Timmy. I've yet to set PSN up due to being a lazy bastard, but hey. Expect me online within a month or two. :o

So far it's been a pretty fun experience.

th2005, all I have right now is GTA4 though.

EDIT: Oh, also, do I need a USB headset for the PS3? I have a headset that plugs in to the audio jack on my PC, but my brother said he didn't notice an audio jack on the PS3 anywhere.

Edited by Cloudy

Best PS3 exclusives that are online would be Warhawk, Unreal Tournament 3 and Resistance Fall of Man.

And of course there's multi-platform stuff like Call of Duty 4 and such. Sports games, etc. And Grand Theft Auto IV obviously.

I personally recommend Warhawk, but if you're looking to play with EWB people GTA IV has more active people than other games.

But you should do yourself a favour and play Uncharted if you haven't. Class game.