The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

1. Is there any way to stop it from asking me every time I go on YouTube on the PS3 if I want to run the plugin? Of course I do you ninny, otherwise I wouldn't be there. >_>

2. Is the stuff like the PS Blog and some of the other parts of the PS3 website not working? I tried the PS Blog and a few other links and got a page display error. Seems a bit random whether or not it works sometimes.

3. Is there any way to refresh the PS3 browser?

1. Is there any way to stop it from asking me every time I go on YouTube on the PS3 if I want to run the plugin? Of course I do you ninny, otherwise I wouldn't be there. >_>

2. Is the stuff like the PS Blog and some of the other parts of the PS3 website not working? I tried the PS Blog and a few other links and got a page display error. Seems a bit random whether or not it works sometimes.

3. Is there any way to refresh the PS3 browser?

No idea on the first two. Number 1 can be very annoying, not just with Youtube, but with other sites too. Video sites are the worst though because it's so obvious you want to say yes.

As far as refreshing the browser goes, press triangle, and there'll be an option to refresh from there.

I don't know how to go to other sites. :( I haven't played with the browser enough. The only sites I can get to are the ones linked on the PS3 homepage. Blog, YouTube, etc.

The quickest way to get to other sites is start.

Well, unless you hit select and bookmark them for future reference. It's pretty much open browser, hit select, find the site from the list, and you're there.

Hitting start is only the quickest way if you're visiting a site you've not visited/bookmarked before.

How long did it take you to type that?

Argghhhh....I'm in a predicament. I only have to money to get one of Civ Rev or MGS4? So hard to pick.

Less than 5 minutes. Used to texting >_> Get MGS4, CivRev at a later date. EDIT: I keep wanting to press R2 to space :(

Edited by Partly Cloudy

What did everyone get from the store today.

I got Qore annual subscription. With that you get 13 episodes, calling all cars and with the first episode purchase you get an invite to Socom Confrontation Beta when it starts.

I also picked up Civ Rev demo, Battlefield Multiplayer demo, and Commandos 3 which has online co-op so everyone should buy that and play with me.

Now I will go get a haircut and play all of those.

bah DLC on this system does my head in. I downloaded the free Veteran Map Pack for Army of Two from the EU PlayStation Store because it was delayed in North America, installed it, then fired the game up and went to select what mission I wanted to play and.. nothing. I'm pretty certain I have all the patches for Army of Two and if the Map Pack on PS3 is anything like it is on the 360, when you go to "Select Mission" it should add two new missions to select.. but they aren't there.

Grrr. I even tried to play the game on my third user account - which is the one with the EU Store access - and I still couldn't play the maps I downloaded. :angry::(

Little story right hurr:

I went to EB Games the other day and traded in four games (maybe five, if it's five I'm forgetting the other game at the moment) I don't play anymore (Skate - only one I'll probably miss, Saints Row, Smackdown vs. Raw 2008, New Mario Bros. for DS) for a used slim PS2. Why? Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, my friends (maybe FFXII when I have some money again). So worth it. Forty bucks later I have the slim PS2 and a 16MB memory card. That's not the story, though.

In Canada there's a deal where if you trade in six or seven games, you can get a PS3 with said trade-in value. I only had two pick up two more games for maybe $30, if even and I could have had a PS3. I was so god damned tempted, especially for MGS4 and GT5: Prologue.

So, I mull over it for about twenty minutes, until they hand me the PS3 box and I realize it's a forty gig. No backwards compatibility. No Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, and with no money in my bank account really, I wouldn't be able to buy a PS3 game anyway, so I turned it down and took the PS2.

In a way, I regret it because it's a damned PS3, but in a way I don't because it would have lacked backwards compatibility and Fire Pro is fucking awesome. Plus, I'm pretty content with my 360 anyway and I don't really have much time to play video games. Keep in mind, I'd only be getting a PS3 if I did it for Fire Pro and PS3-exclusive games such as MGS4 and GT5.

There's my story. Am I an idiot? >_>

Edited by Will Kemp

Couldn't you have just asked them if they had an 80 gig or would you have had to trade-in more games and shit or what?

I thought 80 gigs were being phased out. I'm sticking with my dying ps2 until I can find an 80 gig ps3 model. I think it was stupid of Sony to do the different models then start phasing them out.

probably doing it like this so people will still have to buy a ps2 if they want to play ps2 games thus lining their pockets