The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

It gets even worse when you are playing games like Top Spin 3, as the alerts block out the top right corner, so if the ball goes in that direction, and someone signs in, you can't see where the ball is going to go.

Yeah, that's my point.

It's not so bad on GTA, I must admit, because all that gets hidden is the amount of money you have/time left in the Deathmatch. But it pisses me off on games like Madden or Fifa.

Fuck knows, but it seems like alot of people have the same issue. It tells you to restart the system due to your hard drive being corrupted. So you do that and it goes throught it's recovering program. Yeah, 7 times round that circle and it's going back to Sony. :(

Oh...

Well, we're 2.41 now, which hasn't had any known issues like 2.40 did. And the ones who had bricking issues with 2.40 had them straight after the installation, not a couple of days or weeks, so even if 9 to 5 is still on 2.40, it won't be because of the update itself. I guess the "corrupt hard drive" just happens randomly, kind of like the RROD on the 360.

Tried playing CoD4 and GTA4 with a friend tonight. We could both just go on and play, but not together... every time we tried to invite each other in Call of Duty, it said it was unable to find host, and every time we tried in GTA, it said the game session no longer existed (even though strangers had joined the lobby). It didn't matter who tried to invite who, it was the same both ways...

Oh, and we're both using 2.41.

Any ideas?

I really only play MGO when it comes to online gaming.

I play FIFA alot but I'm shit and really just can't do much tactic wise besides cross the ball and hope the fuck one of my teammates gets a head on the thing. So its kinda like Liam on NHL. :shifty:

Tried playing CoD4 and GTA4 with a friend tonight. We could both just go on and play, but not together... every time we tried to invite each other in Call of Duty, it said it was unable to find host, and every time we tried in GTA, it said the game session no longer existed (even though strangers had joined the lobby). It didn't matter who tried to invite who, it was the same both ways...

Oh, and we're both using 2.41.

Any ideas?

The servers might have just been having a moment. It's happened to me and a friend before, so I doubt it's anything to with either of your connections. Try again a few hours later and you'll probably find all will be ok...with GTA that is, anyway. I wouldn't have a clue on CoD4.

I really only play MGO when it comes to online gaming.

I play FIFA alot but I'm shit and really just can't do much tactic wise besides cross the ball and hope the fuck one of my teammates gets a head on the thing. So its kinda like Liam on NHL. :shifty:

I'd beat you now.

Seriously.

:unsure: