The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I can't take credit for beating you it was my brother who you played first i came home after the match then took over when he didn't want a rematch for whatever reason. I keep telling him not to use my profile but he doesn't listen i know Baddar has beat him(as well as me) quite a few times on GTA 4.

There's not many people I haven't beat at GTA, so don't worry. :pervert:

I GOT MY PS3 TODAY!!! w00t!!~!

My Online ID is: TheArsenal85

Games I have are:

Assassin's Creed

Call of Duty 4

GTA IV

Metal Gear Solid 4

Someone update the list.... <_<

I'll add you later today. I propose a spot of GTA. You in?

Fuck off Baddar, if you play MGO like you do GTA then we know I'd end up doing all the work anyways. ;)

And really, I'm getting anxious waiting for the patch to get rid of region play since nobody on this side of the ocean seems to play it. :(

Fuck off Baddar, if you play MGO like you do GTA then we know I'd end up doing all the work anyways. ;)

And really, I'm getting anxious waiting for the patch to get rid of region play since nobody on this side of the ocean seems to play it. :(

I'm the best kind of person to have on your team. I rarely die, and I'll always get you 10 kills in a Deathmatch, which is a hell of a lot better than having 15 kills/16 deaths. >_<

I'm a master at NHL 08 (shut up Clawson :shifty:).

Was on a one game win streak online, but just stuffed two people to take it up to three. Beat the first one 4-1, after going 1-0 down and the first two goals from me both being shorthanded (which I've never done online yet). The third win of my streak was 6-1. Went 2-0 up, let in a late-ish goal, but blitzed 4 goals in in the last 5 minutes (game time). Included one empty netter for the 4th, and then two goals in the last minute to rub it in.

Bloke deserved it, he used the same tactic constantly. Drove to the line and then cut it across the crease to try and tip it in with an onrushing player. Worked once, but I blocked it every other time.

So, finding out that they're releasing a new Siren game on the PS3 has convinced me into buying the console.

However, I'm wondering what are the other games worth getting for the PS3? MGS4 of course, but what else? Exclusives only - I'd rather get multi-system titles on the 360, so what else would you guys recommend?

I heard Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is good.

Oh, it is.

Probably my favourite PS3 game, even though I could probably say the same about GTA and a few others. :shifty:

But for PS3 exclusive, Uncharted is a game to get, no doubt. Great graphics, good story and although it isn't the longest game you'll ever play, it's still long enough I think.

They patched Trophy support in for it yet?

I keep meaning to pick it up, but I'm poor.

Haven't got a clue. I've not played it since I completed it, but will no doubt go back to it and run through again once I get bored of some of the other games I've got.

I must say, Uncharted was the first PS3 game I played that wowed me because of the graphics and presentation of it.

Resistance was another favourite (exclusive too, yeah?) I was thinking of.

Trophy support for Uncharted is coming sometime by mid august.

- Uncharted

- MGS4

- Warhawk

- Ratchet and Clank

- Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds

All those are great exclusive games.

So how do I add people I know on the PSN so it lets me know when they sign in?

Click add a friend, then put their PSN in and hit ok...

...Given that I think you already know that bit, you might have notifications turned off. In which case, go to "System Settings" and turn notifications on. Mine are off. I had a rant about it a few weeks back, saying there should be a seperate notice for PM's and sign-ins/outs. It's not so bad finding out when a friend signs in, but it's annoying that it tells you when they've signed out as well.

It gets even worse when you are playing games like Top Spin 3, as the alerts block out the top right corner, so if the ball goes in that direction, and someone signs in, you can't see where the ball is going to go.