The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

The only available ones are the 80GB and 40GB. 20 and 60 were phased out, and Sony is going to release a PS3 bundle that includes the 80GB + Metal Gear 4.

MGS4 is never gonna be as big a opening as GTA IV, but it looks pretty good so far. I'm pretty much avoiding gaming forums from here on to avoid spoilers.

On a slightly different note, put me down for Metal Gear Online. Shall we get a EWB clan going?

If you want to avoid MGS4 spoilers, stay away from the Comments section on sites like youtube and dailymotion. People are going into random videos and posting fake and real spoilers. I've read the legit spoilers and have seen four boss fights and trust me, MGS4 is going to be one of the best games ever.

If you want to avoid MGS4 spoilers, stay away from the Comments section on sites like youtube and dailymotion. People are going into random videos and posting fake and real spoilers. I've read the legit spoilers and have seen four boss fights and trust me, MGS4 is going to be one of the best games ever.

I know there were a couple review mags and websites that are calling it the game of the decade and one of the best games ever. Even though I've never played any Metal Gear games (save for sucking really bad at the beginning of MGS1) I might check it out.

METAL GEAR SPOILER IN TAGS.

It's not a huge spoiler or anything but it was kind of amusing. A little.

I've seen the opening ten minutes of gameplay at different times (mainly because it was part of an earlier hype video), and despite it really being the opening ten minutes of video, they have a couple of sections where you can control Snake. The change between cut scene and actual gameplay is incredibly seamless. I've never seen a game look that good in both sections.

I've been playing through the three MGS games in order in build up for this, I think I'm actually more hyped for MGS4 than I was for GTA4.

I've seen the opening ten minutes of gameplay at different times (mainly because it was part of an earlier hype video), and despite it really being the opening ten minutes of video, they have a couple of sections where you can control Snake. The change between cut scene and actual gameplay is incredibly seamless. I've never seen a game look that good in both sections.

If there's one thing MGS4 did better then everyone else, it's this. The last two boss fights feel and look like fights you'd see in mega blockbuster movies because of the seamless transitions.

I think the thing that has me so unbelievably psyched for this one is the fact I've already psuedo-played it. Metal Gear Online is probably the most fun I've had in an online game ever, and if something which was slightly laggy can run that well and be that impressive, the real thing is gonna be that much better.

Man, I should really stop reading the comments at PS3Fanboy. :( I swear, some of the dumbest, blindest fanboy crap.. and just flatout dumb shit do they say there. "Disgaea 3! Gameplay Video! LOOKS GREAT blah blah blah" and a bunch of comments complaining about how the graphics "look like PS2 graphics" and "Is this a PSN game or what? Because PSN games have had better graphics." >_<

I just need to stop reading what people think.. because there, boy, are they dumb.

Can do.

Also, rarrrrghhhh. tri-Ace is developing a 360 exclusive RPG.. I love tri-Ace. :( By the end of this year there better be some fucking decent RPGs out on the PS3. Ooh, Oblivion, wheeee.. great. Still gets to be a bore after a bit. At this rate all I can do now is play through all the old RPGs I have while I wait.

Man, I should really stop reading the comments at PS3Fanboy. :( I swear, some of the dumbest, blindest fanboy crap.. and just flatout dumb shit do they say there. "Disgaea 3! Gameplay Video! LOOKS GREAT blah blah blah" and a bunch of comments complaining about how the graphics "look like PS2 graphics" and "Is this a PSN game or what? Because PSN games have had better graphics." >_<

I just need to stop reading what people think.. because there, boy, are they dumb.

If I were a PS3 owner i'd be wary of reading any comments section at the moment, what with all the people and their MGS4 spoilers.