The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

So yeah, on Friday I got my PS3, with Bioshock and MGS4, sadly GTA aint arrived yet, prob coming tomorrow. :angry: Lame thing is I've had little time to play it properly due to work and coursework, but damn does it look nice. :pervert: Quiet too.

So when I do get GTA, I'll be up for some onlining on that (as well as MGS). I should be added to the online gamers list thingy soon. (Y)

Does anyone else have problems with the Mirror's Edge demo? I downloaded it yesterday and on the mission after training, the first building you go inside, the graphics get a little choppy and at one point the demo froze. I've played it maybe 3-4 times since then and it hasn't froze, but there's a very noticeable hiccup when I get into that building. Hmm..

The latest issue of EGM has revealed an upcoming Watchmen game, to be released around the same time as the movie in 2009. Subtitled The End Is Nigh, the Watchmen game will be episodic and downloadable via the PlayStation Network. The game will be a prequel to the movie, though there are currently few details regarding how it will actually play.

1Up promises that Watchmen fans needn't be worried about the franchise being treated badly. Several advisors for The End Is Nigh have worked on the original graphic novel, such as artist Dave Gibbons and Editor Len Wein. Sadly Alan Moore himself is nowhere to be seen. The game will flesh out the backstory of the comics a little more. There's a lot to play with so we're intrigued to see more details once they're finally released.

Playable Rorschach would make this game awesome regardless of any other details. I want.

Is £170 a good price for a good condition 60GB PS3 (bought at release late 2006) with 2 Sony wireless pads and an eye toy?

My brother's girlfriend may be buying it from a friend for my brother's Christmas present. I've asked to see if he'll chuck a couple games in too, but seems decent to me.

Is £170 a good price for a good condition 60GB PS3 (bought at release late 2006) with 2 Sony wireless pads and an eye toy?

My brother's girlfriend may be buying it from a friend for my brother's Christmas present. I've asked to see if he'll chuck a couple games in too, but seems decent to me.

My 60GB PS3 cost me £369 with Resistance/Heavenly Sword and a controller, with 2 years cover, brand new.

It's an ok deal, but it could be better considering it'll have no warranty. Eye Toys are wank. Nowhere near as good as they're built up to be.

Yes, it's £200 off what would've been paid brand new a few years ago, but games should still be thrown in for that price. I'd get your brother's girlfriend to say "£150 is the highest I'll go without any games..." - If two or three games are thrown in for £170 though, go for it.

Cheers guys.

It's an ok deal, but it could be better considering it'll have no warranty. Eye Toys are wank. Nowhere near as good as they're built up to be.

Yes, it's £200 off what would've been paid brand new a few years ago, but games should still be thrown in for that price. I'd get your brother's girlfriend to say "£150 is the highest I'll go without any games..." - If two or three games are thrown in for £170 though, go for it.

Yeah that's basically what I was thinking. Eye toy is no use without games for it, and it's a kid's thing anyway. I told her to see if he can chuck a few games in instead or as well. In particular Burnout Paradise and Oblivion (cause I want to play them <_<)

He paid something like £600 for it brand new, which is absurd but it was on release like I said. Not that that has any bearing on how much he'll get for it.

Now all I need to worry about is him leeching off my broadband to play online. :angry:

Cheers guys.

Yeah that's basically what I was thinking. Eye toy is no use without games for it, and it's a kid's thing anyway. I told her to see if he can chuck a few games in instead or as well. In particular Burnout Paradise and Oblivion (cause I want to play them <_< )

He paid something like £600 for it brand new, which is absurd but it was on release like I said. Not that that has any bearing on how much he'll get for it.

Now all I need to worry about is him leeching off my broadband to play online. :angry:

Juuuuuuust as long as he isn't leeching your broadband when we're playing our FIFA League game. I don't want to be through on goal as lag takes over, costing me the game.

Not that I make excuses for losing. :shifty:

Still chugging away with Metal Gear Online, Konami ID(s) in hand? Well, good. Because Konami wants you to buy the new MEME Expansion. The second expansion pack for MGO adds two playable special characters: Liquid Ocelot and Mei Ling. Ocelot can manipulate the SOP lock system and can also deactivate the weaponry of others. Mei Ling can "transfix" enemies, and features a Trench Mortar weapon and Soliton Sonar capabilities.

The MEME Expansion also includes three new maps: Silo Sunset, Forest Firefight and Winter Warehouse. Those that don't buy the expansion will see new optional rules, such as the "No Headshot" setting, which disables one-hit KOs from head shots. A new "Interval" mode allows players to practice online with other players, with no effect on their online stats.

The GENE Expansion will be playable next week, on November 25th. However, European gamers will be able to pre-purchase the expansion tomorrow for 7.99 Euro. We're still awaiting US price information.

I got the invite and have messed around on Home, and I must say I had a good time playing pool/bowling with random people. Home has a good foundation and I'm interested to see what functions Sony adds to it.