The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I'm not sure about games but Blu Ray discs only work on 60hz+ tvs. Might not be your problem, but I used to have just a shitty old portable and it would play the Blu Rays, but the screen would be green, like you say.

I suppose you've already checked the connections? My HDMI cable came a little loose once which caused the picture to go funny. I get odd colour changes all the time when I'm trying to watch DVD's though cause for some reason my TV only allows me to watch them through the old AV scart connection which is a bit old and dodgy.

That's another reason why I highly doubt it's the TV. I can watch regular DVD's fine and there's no color issue. Yeah, last night I reconnected the components insuring I had them in the right spot/placement, and that they were secure.

Again, thank you.

I seriously wish I could fix this though. Last night things were great while watching Hellboy II on blue ray and then about an hour into the movie .... ZAP ~ the green scale appears. booooooooo

sooooo I'm trying to play Little Big Planet.... it says there is a software update, without which I can't even start up the game to play it.... Problem is, every time I try to download it, it'll get to 1% and my connection with have an "error" and it will stop downloading... What the hell???