The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

inFamous is good fun, it starts off horrible, like I'm not kidding I almost gave up on it totally after a couple of hours, but when your powers expand you start to enjoy it much more, it's a little bit samey but it's solid gaming, like Matz says, probably worth renting on a weekend you have free or waiting until it goes down in price. I can certainly see them justifying a sequel/spin-off because it's built a solid base.

I actualy havent played Fallout 3 yet so i can´t realy compare it. I´ll get Oblivion GOTY Edition first and wait for the Fallout GOTY Edition with all the addons as Hardcopy. Thats kinda the joy of comming in late... i got so many games right now and barly payed anything for em, wen i have finished them all the current stuff will be cheaper. I only have to get used to being smashed online. :-D

Speaking of current games, shouldend there be a Ghostbusters demo comming out? Are there certain days new Stuff comes to PSN or is it just random wen they have it?

So, were exactly did they test the game on that they managed to get such a gigantic bug pressed and shiped out?! It sucks big time wen such a thing happens on a PC, but this is PS3... there is like... 5 different versions of it tops, and these are not even that different from each other....

I think Matzat is missing one key point on his getting games cheaper when they're older...he has to sit around forever waiting for everything to download and install.

*glares at Bioshock*

I absolutely despise that get a game home just to find out it's going to be another 40 minutes before you can play. :crying:

I buy all my games usually about 6 months after release I might get them late but I can get more of them.

Heh. What I buy depends largely on how much money I have and how much I want it. I went and ordered Disgaea 3 the day after it was released, and I ordered Killzone 2 on release day because I wanted them that much and I had the money at the time. Now there's a couple games I want to check out (inFamous, Prototype, Valkyria Chronicles) but I don't have the money so I'm waiting around. I should've jumped on Valkyria Chronicles when it went down to $30 in April though.

Heh. What I buy depends largely on how much money I have and how much I want it. I went and ordered Disgaea 3 the day after it was released, and I ordered Killzone 2 on release day because I wanted them that much and I had the money at the time. Now there's a couple games I want to check out (inFamous, Prototype, Valkyria Chronicles) but I don't have the money so I'm waiting around. I should've jumped on Valkyria Chronicles when it went down to $30 in April though.

Valkyria Chronicles and Disgaea 3 went down to around £15-20 here I passed them up thinking they'd stay at that price.

I think I saw Valkyria Chronicles at Wal-Mart for like $40. Disgaea 3 was only $50 at launch (well $49.99 but you know, taxes..shipping..) so that was a good buy. I have no idea what the prices for either are in the UK though.

Just get Disgaea 3, the only other person I know that has it is stoker and he's yet to beat it while I'm on my second cycle. >_>

The only game I've bought on release is FIFA and I've never had a problem with long installation times.

I'm desperate to get my hands on Uncharted 2 but I know it's the sort of game people are gonna play through once and trade in so I'll wait to get a cheaper copy.

The only game I've bought on release is FIFA and I've never had a problem with long installation times.

I'm desperate to get my hands on Uncharted 2 but I know it's the sort of game people are gonna play through once and trade in so I'll wait to get a cheaper copy.

Not with Online my friend. That shit will be like crack to everybody who owns a PS3.

True, true. I might just go for it and get it on release day. I only paid £8 for the first one so it evens out I guess. This can only be better. Heck even if it were just more of the same it'd be worth it.

If Uncharted 2 is like Uncharted you'll get people trading it in after about 3 days complaining that they'd finished it already despite gaming for ten hours a day and playing it on the easy level and not trying to get all the relics or whatever.

I wouldn't trade Uncharted in as it stands as a seminal game and it's also well worthy of replay from time to time.