The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Has a slimline PS3 actually been confirmed or are people just assuming because the PS2 had a slim version?

Assumptions. There was a leak that could possibly be box art for a slimline PS3 and when Sony was confronted with it they denied it, but I believe when the slimline PS2 rumours were swirling about Sony denied them for a while. Can't remember, though.

Where'd you hear that? I've not heard a peep about that, and if that is going on I'm sure Joystiq would've said something about it. They've posted photos on Joystiq PS3 multiple times. Even a purported video of a guy playing a slim PS3. Engadget got a cease-and-desist from a Chinese law firm, but I've heard nothing about lawsuits.

Well I decided on my Blu-Ray situation. I went to best buy and picked up a PS3. The 160GB Uncharted bundle one. I also grabbed a used copy of Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction. Looking forward to hooking this thing up. Guess now I gotta switch over to Blu-Ray for my movies.

So I picked up Prototype today for 28 dollars (new copy, store had the price marked wrong so tough shit for them). I figure even I don't like it I can trade it to my cousin for InFamous.

I'm very impressed with the system. It's got a lot to it and the graphics are pretty impressive. It's certainly going to make it tough to decide to buy a game for the 360 or for the PS3 now. I played a couple hours of Uncharted and that game is gorgeous. I played some Ratchet and Clank which was a series I missed out on with the PS2. Game is fun as hell with some good humor. I don't have any movies on Blu-Ray yet (Romancing the Stone will be my first purchase) so I've been watching The Office on DVD with it. I'm really surprised that it looks this good. I mean it's near HDTV quality. Buying the remote control for the player was a pretty wise choice as it's easy to use and didn't take long to set up at all. I've been looking up some games to grab in the near future and the only downside I've found is that it seems like used or older PS3 games that were also on the 360 are more expensive than their 360 counterpart. The online portion is quite nice and easy to use. Good looking and it's not hard to find anything. I haven't tried home, nor do I have any interest in it but it seems like Sony has done a good job with their version of the Marketplace.

downside I've found is that it seems like used or older PS3 games that were also on the 360 are more expensive than their 360 counterpart.

More often than not - in my experience - if it's a re-release of a previous 360 exclusive (Bioshock, for example) it includes all the DLC and all that stuff so that may contribute to higher prices. idk.

I was actually surprised to see just how many used PS3 games our local Gamestop had. Multiple walls worth with some of the racks being store with the spine out to fit in more discs. Also, they must have had 30 used copies of Killzone 2.

I think Assassin's Creed had some of the most returns I saw for the PS3 from working in a store in the PS3 early days (I remember when we first started our preowned PS3 section with four games...)

Mirror's Edge had loads too apparantly - two games I thought were great though Mirror's Edge more so.

Always hundreds of old FIFAs and Pro Evos floating around as well as Need For Speeds, Army Of Two, Kane and Lynch and other tat.

What else is clogging up the preowned arteries these days?

I think Assassin's Creed had some of the most returns I saw for the PS3 from working in a store in the PS3 early days (I remember when we first started our preowned PS3 section with four games...)

Mirror's Edge had loads too apparantly - two games I thought were great though Mirror's Edge more so.

Always hundreds of old FIFAs and Pro Evos floating around as well as Need For Speeds, Army Of Two, Kane and Lynch and other tat.

What else is clogging up the preowned arteries these days?

There's always been atleast one or two copies of Uncharted laying around when I visit my local game, and I've been seeing more and more copies of Infamous.

My Copy of Afrika/Hakunna Mattata arived today. It´s one hell of a fun game, but it´s realy sad that the grass is missing. Let´s hope the US release will have it and the asian version gets a patch/dlc. At least i don´t see why it would not be in.