The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Grrrr. PSP games available on the Sony store + my new 8gb memory stick = far too much money gonna be spent.

Little Big Planet and Assassin's Creed Bloodlines out today though luckily I've read that AC:B, while stunning to look at, isn't so slick gameplay wise.

Still, LBP and Chinatown may get purchased before too long. Hohum.

Well, you'll save yourself some money on the LBP front since it's not availible to download yet.

What are some must have games that you guys could recommend for me as I have recently bought a PS3... I have Killzone 2, Lost: Via Domus, NCAA Football 09, NBA 2K10, InFamous, Batman: Arkham Asylum & Tiger Woods 2010 (which im not the biggest fan of, so I might take back and swap for something else)... so yeah any thoughts on must have games?

Also, has anyone played the Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe game, if so, any good?

What are some must have games that you guys could recommend for me as I have recently bought a PS3... I have Killzone 2, Lost: Via Domus, NCAA Football 09, NBA 2K10, InFamous, Batman: Arkham Asylum & Tiger Woods 2010 (which im not the biggest fan of, so I might take back and swap for something else)... so yeah any thoughts on must have games?

Also, has anyone played the Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe game, if so, any good?

MK vs DC is a pretty standard beat-em-up it's good if you like either MK or DC and average otherwise.

Uncharted 1 and 2, Ratchet and Clank, Dead Space and Fallout 3 are must buys.

I recommend getting rid of Lost. (Y)

It lacks any re-playability, but I thought it was a fun little time waster.

Uncharted 1 & 2 are must have's for the PS3, there two of the only games I've yet to trade in. Dragon Age: Origins is awesome if your into the whole RPG scene (It's pretty much KOTOR in Middle Earth), Metal Gear Solid 4 is pretty much as must have as well, though if you're not familiar with the rest of the series maybe it's not so worth it. (Though, the rest of the series is fantastic, so I'd recommend you play them anyway)

If you're a comic book fan (or Superhero's in general) Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2 are awesome, one more so than two. And last of all, even if your not really a MMA fan, I highly recommend you at least give the demo of UFC Undisputed a go. I had pretty much no interest in MMA until I played the game, which was so much fun that I ended up watching the first 22 UFC's.

I love that I still have the urge to play MLB 09: The Show, even though the baseball season is over and I've had the game for a long time now.

That game was one of the main reasons I got a PS3, since the games are region free and they won't release baseball games here anymore (other than The Bigs >_>). It's wonderful.

NHL 10 and Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm are fan-dabi-dozi if you're into Hockey and Naruto, respectively - but there's little to draw you in if you aren't already a fan.

UFC Undisputed does, on the other hand - but the game is basically a mistress. It looks pretty, and you have a blast with it and then you realise that it's as deep and meaningful as a rock pool. Pick it up 2nd hand if you want to get it, cheapy-cheap is the key.

Download Wipeout HD

MW2 has been wonderful so far.

Avoid the WWE games like the plague.

That's about all I have >_>

Edited by Plubby

I love that I still have the urge to play MLB 09: The Show, even though the baseball season is over and I've had the game for a long time now.

That game was one of the main reasons I got a PS3, since the games are region free and they won't release baseball games here anymore (other than The Bigs >_>). It's wonderful.

RTTS is still brilliant. Maybe because I love pitching but am absolutely balls at hitting.

Calm down.

Would it be improved when they add voice chat? I would have imagined it would be pretty cool if you don't neccesacarily want to play something but want to talk to people.

Calm down.

Would it be improved when they add voice chat? I would have imagined it would be pretty cool if you don't neccesacarily want to play something but want to talk to people.

It would be nice to voice chat in an improved "apartment" setting.... ELLIS :rolleyes: