The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Benji have you ever used the Logitech wireless controller? I had one back in the day for the PS2 and it was honestly better than the official controller. It's requires two AA's, but the controller is really nothing short of perfect.

I recently found a pre-owned one at Gamestop for my PS3 and it's just as nice as the PS2 original, except the SixAxis doesn't seem to be functioning.

3665.1.0.jpg

Benji have you ever used the Logitech wireless controller? I had one back in the day for the PS2 and it was honestly better than the official controller. It's requires two AA's, but the controller is really nothing short of perfect.

I recently found a pre-owned one at Gamestop for my PS3 and it's just as nice as the PS2 original, except the SixAxis doesn't seem to be functioning.

3665.1.0.jpg

Bwahahaha..

As opposed to the Official Controller's SixAxis? <_<

I like the official controller's SixAxis. Heavenly Sword's implementation of it was amazing and showed how good it could be if developers don't get lazy about it.

As an aside was it here or elsewhere where I heard that for Gran Turismo you can set up the webcam and it'll see what way your head is looking. If you look to the left or right then the screen will rotate to the left or right as if you were looking out of the side windows....That's brilliant.

I hope I'm able to pick up ACII today. I was originally planning on FIFA 10 but what everybody is saying about ACII I think I'll have to grab that. I enjoyed the first one so I'm pumped for this one.

Also, still loving Dragon Age and how easy it is to get back into the story after being away for 10 days. I usually have to start other RPGs over again at that point.

Probably going to grab the POTC DLC for LBP as well. New levels should be a treat for sure.

As opposed to the Official Controller's SixAxis? <_<

I like the official controller's SixAxis. Heavenly Sword's implementation of it was amazing and showed how good it could be if developers don't get lazy about it.

As an aside was it here or elsewhere where I heard that for Gran Turismo you can set up the webcam and it'll see what way your head is looking. If you look to the left or right then the screen will rotate to the left or right as if you were looking out of the side windows....That's brilliant.

Here?

It is brilliant that they can incorporate such a feature into the game, even if it is merely a cosmetic feature. I doubt it'd have much useful function in game.

Not sure if here or computing is a better place to put this, but here seems a little more appropriate.

I am looking at this HDD as a replacement for my current PS3 one (which is out of space).

If someone could tell me if

a) That HDD is suitable for the PS3 (the info I have from OPSM AU tells me it is, but I don't want to throw away $150 on something if it's not suitable)

and b) If there are any problems I should know about with that particular drive. I can't seem to find a review anywhere, just places looking for them.

Much appreciated.

EDIT: Okay, ignore the review part, I'm just an idiot, but if someone could tell me if it'll work in the PS3, that'd be great.

EDIT 2: And I'm seeing there are some heating and access time issues but the write time is supposedly good. How would this affect the PS3 and would it be any worse off than with the standard 60GB HDD it has in it?

Edited by 30 Seconds to Momo

Ooooh I like the 3D vibe coming from the screen moving subtley around. Hummana. Another definite reason to get GT I think.

Anyway - Assassin's Creed II is clearly the best game of the year. It's ridiculously involved, loads of stuff to do that keeps dragging me away from the main story - for example I'm off to the next big mission when I go past a pigeon cage from which I can get an extra Assassination side quest so I go and do that and suddenly a thief runs past so I go and chase him across the rooftops until I can kill him and get the money, then I have topull down posters to lower my visibility level.

Then I go back towards the mission start and I run into a woman who wants me to beat her cheating husband up for her...So I do that but that's near a big church which has a viewpoint AND a "glyph" on it (which are brilliant by the way and the video to uncover is wonderfully cryptic and trippy right now). Then I drop down and I'm by the entrance which I can go into to sneak through the crypt to pick up the relic so I go back to the Hometown place to shove that in the right place and then offload my Codec pages, the feathers and the god statues that I've picked up....

Then I realise that I was going to do a mission.

It's beautiful, totally absorbing and now I've headed back to Tuscany which also has a stunning and vast countryside around it. It's everything I wished Assassin's Creed 1 was and I'm not very far through yet! Can't wait 'til Venice!

Also Pro Evo 2010 is brilliant. I think it's the best in years and attacking is really slick - passing is improved, running at defence is better and shooting feels more controlled - I feel like I'm guiding it into the corner or whatever. Aaron Lennon is frightening down the wing.

Online still sucks with terrible lag and delay though. >_<

Not sure if here or computing is a better place to put this, but here seems a little more appropriate.

I am looking at this HDD as a replacement for my current PS3 one (which is out of space).

a) That HDD is suitable for the PS3 (the info I have from OPSM AU tells me it is, but I don't want to throw away $150 on something if it's not suitable)

and b) If there are any problems I should know about with that particular drive. I can't seem to find a review anywhere, just places looking for them.

Much appreciated.

EDIT: Okay, ignore the review part, I'm just an idiot, but if someone could tell me if it'll work in the PS3, that'd be great.

EDIT 2: And I'm seeing there are some heating and access time issues but the write time is supposedly good. How would this affect the PS3 and would it be any worse off than with the standard 60GB HDD it has in it?

That will work but it isn't cheap. staticice has loads of places that sell them cheaper.

Much appreciated.

That will work but it isn't cheap. staticice has loads of places that sell them cheaper.

I recommend checking this one out: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136314&cm_re=500gb_2.5_sata-_-22-136-314-_-Product

Much appreciated.

I recommend checking this one out: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136314&cm_re=500gb_2.5_sata-_-22-136-314-_-Product

Would that be this one here?