The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Also, I know you were excited and wanted to play it right away, but it's really a game that's meant to be played on a TV - trying to flip back and forth between Mirror's Edge on the LCD in your dash, and driving, was a poor idea.

• Like 2

All this Mirror's Edge talk might inspire me to actually finish it. I got it almost 3 years ago and I'm still not even 3/4 through it I think. I'd play it some, then get bored and the thought of having to memorise the controls again is turning me off.

Yeah, that's the main issue with Mirror's Edge, it's really short. That and the pace slows down magnificently after the first few chapters. It was meant to be a trilogy ad I hope they do make the others. Sure it has it's flaws, but it's a great base to improve on (with making the other two longer for starters).

I played it yesterday for about half an hour, was still underwhelmed and only completed up to Chapter 3, which is less than half way through I think, the game is just bland and average.

I could actually roughly daye the last time I played it with trophies. Chapter 3 completed August 2011, Chapter 2 completed March 2009 >_<

It would've been traded in a long time ago were it of any value.

Yeah Im so sold on the Vita its amazing. That thing looks magical.

Apple will sue you on copyright infringment!

Aperently vita will bring cross game chat, the PS3 will never get it due to to little ram.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

The demo for the new Driver is out. I'm not sure what to make of it. Graphics are good, especially on the characters' faces during the cutscenes. I quite like the theme/style of it all. The demo (perhaps understandably) is pretty linear, having you select the three available missions from a menu, you don't get a chance to explore the city or test drive properly. And it seems every car you shift into has two people in it for dialogue. And as always with Driver games, whilst fancy, the cars are very back heavy and tend to spin out on corners.

Just been watching trailers.

The new Tomb Raider looks stunning but I worry that jailbait-Lara is a bit too attractive and reminiscent of Keira Knightley.

Re-watched the Hitman trailer and that's also amazing.

Mass Effect 3 is still a must-buy. Bioshock: Infinite looks like a crazed roller coaster. Uncharted on the PSP looks pretty slick.

Now I'm 30 I find myself in a difficult position. 18 year old lasses are of course still attractive to me but I was at secondary school when they were still in their mother's belly.

However I'm also starting to find more women in their 40s attractive.

Women in their 40s being attractive is a WONDERFUL thing. Finding 18 year old girls/women attractive makes me feel like a dirty pervert.

Oh wait, Lara's 21 in this story. Well done Crystal Dynamics. The more attractive the better.