Doctor Who

Benji

Capaldis version for comparison

19 hours ago, Benji said:

Someone meshed together all the Doctors faces to create a single Doctor and...

https://i.imgur.com/CkDph4f.jpg

He looks like he belongs alongside Gary Glitter, Rolf Harris and Jimmy Saville >_>

I think he actually most resembles McGann there.

• 2 weeks later...

http://nerdist.com/doctor-who-eighth-doctor-rocks-the-twelfth-doctors-zygon-inversion-speech/

You know what? Forget the Big Finish audios. The more I see (and hear) Paul McGann, the more I wish they'd do an Eighth Doctor tv spin-off. I'm just glad that they more or less made his audios canon in Night Of The Doctor....

6 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

http://nerdist.com/doctor-who-eighth-doctor-rocks-the-twelfth-doctors-zygon-inversion-speech/

You know what? Forget the Big Finish audios. The more I see (and hear) Paul McGann, the more I wish they'd do an Eighth Doctor tv spin-off. I'm just glad that they more or less made his audios canon in Night Of The Doctor....

http://www.ewbattleground.com/topic/62274-doctor-who/?do=findComment&comment=3519652 :shifty:

Lately there seems to have been a Dr Who fan club pop up in our local area, strongly backed by a local club probably hoping for a few dozen drunk whovians. They had the most recent season premiere on a big screen, with a couple of classic Who episodes beforehand. I regretted not being able to make that.

I found out, almost too late, that they were showing this special as well. I kind of wanted to see it, because I so regretted not going to the previous event but I'm a big time classic Who fan who kind of fell out of the revived series after a few seasons due to various things that I wasn't a fan of. River wasn't a reason I stopped watching but as someone from the outside who was looking in and kind of looking for a hook to reinvigorate my interest, the whole thing seemed too complicated for this old guy. :( I dunno, maybe if I'd kept up with the show and seen it as it had unfolded, I may have loved it but it is what it is  

• 4 weeks later...

It's time for a new show runner for sure, but i'm not too eager on it being Chris Chibnail while i liked series 1 of Broadchurch I've never been overly fond of his Doctor Who episodes.  

42 comes across best of his for me and that was his first episode. I think part of that was due to following the dreadful Lazarus Experiment episode nearly anything could seem better compared to that. Hungry Earth/Cold Blood was a decent two part story but his later two episodes are two of my least favourite of Matt Smith era Dr Who in Dinosaurs on a Spaceship and The Power of Three.

Moffat was arguably one of the best episode writers and made a pretty bad show runner as far as what made it to screen. I'm willing to give him a shot, it can't be much worse than the season before last.

Didn't Chibnall also basically run Torchwood after Moffat laid the ground?