Doctor Who

Benji

Honestly, if not for Tom Baker and Jon Pertwee being in it, I would never have watched it more than once. As it is, I've only watched it about three, maybe four, times. 

Wasn't it Pertwee's last appearance as the Third Doctor?

Someone at another board posted a link to an article on Radio TImes' website stating that Bill will be the first openly gay companion. The link doesn't work, so I assume they removed the article. But Bill is a lesbian, now I really hope even more that the Doctor doesn't regenerate into a woman.....

Jenny and Vastra are lesbians, but they're closeted, I guess. Captain Jack is omnisexual. I can't remember if its been flat out shown or stated or just hinted at, but River Song may be bisexual. Am I missing anyone?

(And if you're counting non-canon, I believe one of Eight's companions in the novels is gay, but I can't remember which one.)

From what I've heard, the actress playing Bill is only going to be in this upcoming season, and it's a total fresh slate from the season after.

• Like 1

Read a potential spoiler today regarding the show...

Spoiler

regarding a returning actor / villain....

Spoiler

final warning...

Spoiler

The Sun was reporting the John Simm was seen on set, filming alongside Michelle Gomez. It implied w were getting a multi-Master story, in the same vein as a multi-Doctor one.

Apparently there will be a trailer for the rest of the series after the first episode.

After the trailer there'll be a spoiler warning and then they'll show a huge spoiler about an upcoming episode. You'll then have the choice to watch it and find out what it is or close your eyes.

I'm assuming it has something to do with what DFF spoiled above but i haven't read it...

I'm not sure i like the idea of showing a spoiler on telly, it sounds okay offering the viewer a choice but if it is genuinely a big deal you'll probably just get it spoiled for you another way... 

17 hours ago, DFF said:

From what I've heard, the actress playing Bill is only going to be in this upcoming season, and it's a total fresh slate from the season after.

That makes me happy emoji because from both the trailers I've seen she seems poop emoji.

54 minutes ago, DFF said:

Read a potential spoiler today regarding the show...

Hide contents

regarding a returning actor / villain....

Hide contents

final warning...

Hide contents

The Sun was reporting the John Simm was seen on set, filming alongside Michelle Gomez. It implied w were getting a multi-Master story, in the same vein as a multi-Doctor one.

Spoiler

Wonderful. I really hope they pull away from The Master being bezzy mates with The Doctor soon too. They've been far too friendly with one another in recent encounters.

• Like 1

I'm really hoping the story isn't BS. The sauce can be wildly either way on that sort of thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I really liked that episode. The Doctor/companion set up felt very natural and Bill came off FAR less irritating than the trailers made her seem. If she remains like this for the whole season then it'll be a shame if she only does the one. 

Yeah, I went into that with extremely low expectations and was pleasantly suprised. That was pretty good and they managed to really make Bill seem unbearable in those promos. They must have picked the exact moments where she is the worst or something, cause she was solid in this.