UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

So I stepped the difficulty up to Expert and in the first fight, I knock Chuck out with a head kick in round one. Not really too hard, right? Fucking wrong. What followed was six straight knock outs from Liddell, he fucking murdered me over and over. A few of them were just slugfests, back and forth madness, but a few of them I actually tried to really focus and hold back more than usual, but his superman punches and head kicks just come from nowhere, he's a beast. Looks like I've got some training to do on this difficulty. Right now I'm seeing how much I can open the cuts on his face, had some badly bloody fights today, loving that side of things.

I'm playing mostly on experienced or advanced latley, I second what Johnny said. Expert is insane, Rua has tapped me out more times than I can count, I only stand a chance with Liddell and his SUPER MAN PUNCH~.

Had a brilliant fight earlier, Rua spent the first round with me working the body and getting in some sneaky punches to the head while whilst he spent most of it taking me down and trying to lock in submissions and the like, reached the second round and he took me down a few times, we're both pretty busted open. He goes in for another take down JUST as I got for a head kick, and my knee connects with his head for the most beautiful knock out I've ever seen. The way he fell down was fantastic, it was a literal stiff body fall over backwards moment and he even looked shock. (Might just have been the bruises and blood)

I've played this demo more then I have played some full games. It is just so well done.

I'm winning 8.5/10 fights against rua. I try to go for the stand up KOs but sometimes Rua is a bastard and just keeps trying to take it to the ground where I just end up mounting him and KOing him this way.

People complain about fighting Chuck on expert (I haven't fought against Chuck yet) so I'll have to see if that is any more difficult then beating Rua on expert.

My personal experience is that it is harder to fight chuck then rua. When I fight as Chuck, I can just destroy Rua but when I fight with Rua it seems like his strikes aren't doing anything (other than body shots and leg kicks) and its hard to get chuck down onto the ground.

A really good way to take down Chuck while fighting as Rua is in the clinch. If you can grab him by the head and knee his body and toss in a few knees to the head, you're going to win the fight a good amount of times. His clinch defense must be horrible because you can basically get in 6 to 7 shots to his midsection without him really giving you much trouble. Another good way is take downs. When Liddell is starting to build some momentum, shoot and you should take him down pretty easily, if you time it right. I find it really effective to strike with him on bottom, rather than just going straight for a submission.

A few small things is timing after moves. For instance, when you're in a half guard on top of Liddell, after a few punches he usually pushes you off with his feet so the fight can go back to striking on the feet. Well, when you're both getting up, this is a very good moment to go for a high kick to the side of his head, he barely blocks it 1/4 times. Another time to go for a high head kick is right after you've come out of the clinch with Liddell. It's really all about timing with Rua. You can land a good amount of flying knee strikes when Liddell is going for a strong punch. I bet on expert, everyone who plays as Rua probably doesn't win the fight until the 3rd round, it goes to a decision, or Liddell knocks you out in the second round.

Yes, Rua's punches are weaker, but you can punish Chuck for a good amount of time if you can avoid his more powerful shots. Usually, according to the judges, you are winning the fight hands down for most of the bout, but, Chuck seems to find a few times where he can clobber you and it's all over. If you fight against Rua, you'll find yourself on your back or in the starts of a submission 9/10 on expert mode.

Oh, before I finish this up, has anyone else heard about the flash knock outs yet? or any details on them? I watched a video about them a couple days ago and they seem to be randomly placed at various times. But it seems like at the beginning of the second and third round, Liddell can knock you out with a strong move in the first couple of seconds and Rua seems to be able to do it with a flying knee strike or head kick in the early moments of the match.

It may help to watch just so you know some terminology and know what a fighter's strength is, but really, that's nothing the stats and commentary couldn't help you with. It's a extremely fun game to play by yourself and I can only imagine what it'll be like when you can pick a vast array of fighters and pound on your friends, lol.

I just kicked the shit out of chuck's ribs on expert and got him to the point that when you hit them he got rocked:)

edit: w00t I just knocked chuck out with an uppercut. I caught him with it as he was going for his overhand right. It looked sick

another edit: Just rocked chuck with a knee to head from the muy thai clinch and finished him off

Edited by kale

Yeah, I saw that video before coming on here today, I like the customisation of your fighter and his pants, But I'd rather having TUF as an optional feature in career mode, Would make for some stellar diary's in the Cube.

Thought the game couldn't get any better, it just did.

A friend came round last night and we spent hours playing the demo, some sick knock outs. Then comes the most awesome stoppage I've had to date. Round two and Chuck and me are going at it crazy and out of nowhere he throws sort of a side kick/head kick. The referee stops it and I'm thinking 'WTF', it must be a glitch. Turns out I was wrong. The fucking replay was sick and Chuck actually broke my arm, which I didn't realise. I wasn't sure if it wasn't intended to be in the game, but it was still fucking awesome. I tried to block the kick and attempted it too late, his kick completely bent my arm backwards and you could basically see the arm snapping and bone going out of place. I'm actually thinking this wasn't a glitch and was meant to be in the game, because the official stopped it as soon as my arm got twisted up backwards. Easily the best finish I've seen in the game so far and something that just had me wowed again. Also managed to nail some crazy leg kicks too, one which seemed like it broke Chuck's leg nearly, because he collapsed after a leg kick and couldn't move for a while. Just brilliant.

Thought the game couldn't get any better, it just did.

A friend came round last night and we spent hours playing the demo, some sick knock outs. Then comes the most awesome stoppage I've had to date. Round two and Chuck and me are going at it crazy and out of nowhere he throws sort of a side kick/head kick. The referee stops it and I'm thinking 'WTF', it must be a glitch. Turns out I was wrong. The fucking replay was sick and Chuck actually broke my arm, which I didn't realise. I wasn't sure if it wasn't intended to be in the game, but it was still fucking awesome. I tried to block the kick and attempted it too late, his kick completely bent my arm backwards and you could basically see the arm snapping and bone going out of place. I'm actually thinking this wasn't a glitch and was meant to be in the game, because the official stopped it as soon as my arm got twisted up backwards. Easily the best finish I've seen in the game so far and something that just had me wowed again. Also managed to nail some crazy leg kicks too, one which seemed like it broke Chuck's leg nearly, because he collapsed after a leg kick and couldn't move for a while. Just brilliant.

That sounds awesome. You hear the commentators commenting on potential bone breaks but I didn't think it was actually in the game! :w00t:

3 new names were just announced as being part of the game to bring the total from 82 to 85 (counting the that are available from Gamestop and 90 days later for everyone else for free DLC). The three Tapout guys: Mask, Punkass, and Skyscrape will be playable.