The England thread

In all fairness I got locked out of the house at 4 o clock and I've been in the boozer ever since <_<

Having a few jars, chucking arrows with the geezers?

*arras

I actually quite enjoyed the game last night. It was a lot more enjoyable than normal pre World Cup friendlies and we can't really take anything from the result. As has been said, Italy drew woth Luxembourg. Imagine if that had been us...

Stupid tackle by Sterling though and an equally stupid reaction by Valencia. Great strike by Lambert. Barkley was lively too. Have to say I disagree with some of the Rooney hate, and I'm one of his biggest detractors at times. He wasn't quite on it yesterday but if we get him firing in that team, we'll have a great tournament.

I'm actually optimistic about this World Cup. Uruguay and Italy aren't anything special these days. All these people saying we'll be lucky to get out the groups etc etc. We spend all season saying how great these players are and how good the Premier League is. We can't then say that we shouldn't be beating the likes of Uruguay.

I've got Three Lions stuck in my head now after the song fest.. Bloody Baddiel and Skinner, although our songs are pretty shite, except for Del Amitri's Don't Come Home Too Soon.

I've got Three Lions stuck in my head now after the song fest.. Bloody Baddiel and Skinner, although our songs are pretty shite, except for Del Amitri's Don't Come Home Too Soon.

Scotland... World Cup song? :lol:

Those were the days.. along with the Jason Scotland song of 2006..

Don't Come Home Too Soon is the most pessimistic footie song ever.

Best ones of course are Black Grape's England's Irie (despite the presence of Keith Allen, who at least contained himself to mime on World in Motion) and Sportfreunde Stillers 54, 74, 90, 2006/10, the more positive German Three Lions equivalent.

Best ones of course are Black Grape's England's Irie (despite the presence of Keith Allen, who at least contained himself to mime on World in Motion) and Sportfreunde Stillers 54, 74, 90, 2006/10, the more positive German Three Lions equivalent.

Ally's Tartan Army was an embarrassment, we're all pessimistic and I find Keith Allen's prescense in nearly every England football video annoying.

"It's on me 'ed, SON. Not off me 'ed, SON." I feel this one always gets unfairly left out of great World Cup song debates. One of the better Keith Allen efforts.

Bassett for Manager.

• Like 1

Ally's Tartan Army was an embarrassment, we're all pessimistic and I find Keith Allen's prescense in nearly every England football video annoying.

Ally's Tartan Army is funny! And I like the Scotland song Rodney Stewart did for the same tournament. It's hilariously bad. I won a 7" of it in a pub quiz last year.