The England thread

All pace, no brains.

That is literally every English full back and winger (bar Baines) that's come through since Gary Neville won his first cap.

• Like 2

All pace, no brains.

That is literally every English full back and winger (bar Baines) that's come through since Gary Neville won his first cap.

I'd argue for Walcott, Sterling, The Ox and Clyne, but yeah. Of course, then there's Stewart Downing, blessed with neither.

Ashley Cole was the best left back in the world for a large portion of his career, not really fair to put him in that bracket.

But yes modern fullbacks seem to be more like shitty versions of Dani Alves than anything else.

• Like 1

Ashley Cole was the best left back in the world for a large portion of his career, not really fair to put him in that bracket.

But yes modern fullbacks seem to be more like shitty versions of Dani Alves than anything else.

Now I know the quality dropped but saying everyone is Vanarama Conference quality is stretching it. :shifty:

• Admin
England's XI includes four players who started in the World Cup defeat by Italy in Brazil, with Joe Hart, Jordan Henderson, Phil Jagielka and Wayne Rooney surviving. Manchester United defender Phil Jones looks like he will start as a defensive midfielder - a role he has played for his club - while Harry Kane makes his full international debut in attack. Theo Walcott makes his first England start since September 2013.
Italy: Buffon, Bonucci, Ranocchia, Chiellini, Darmian, Soriano, Valdifiori, Parolo, Florenzi, Eder, Pelle.
Subs: Sirigu, Abate, Antonelli, Candreva, Zaza, Immobile, Verratti, Cerci, Barzagli, Gabbiadini, Vazquez, Moretti, Santon, Marchetti.
England: Hart, Clyne, Smalling, Jagielka, Gibbs, Jones, Delph, Walcott, Rooney, Henderson, Kane.
Subs: Butland, Cahill, Walker, Carrick, Townsend, Mason, Bertrand, Barkley, Green.
Referee: Felix Brych (Germany)

Just gone through the usual routine of singing both the English and Italian national anthems. The fact I'm wearing my new Italian shirt (I say new, it's the 2014 World Cup one which was 75% off) should show my allegiance for the night.

Although it's the same one they're wearing but without the silly number on the front.

It's a really weak Italian team on paper, hopefully Conte has a plan.

And Mr. Chiellini says hello.