The England thread

Delighted for Mason. I'm not sure he's the long-term solution, but he's been pretty good for us this season, and refreshing in terms of trying to play attacking football. I struggle to see how he fits in anywhere outside of Poch's system, but he's still very young at 23, and it's just nice to see players being rewarded for a bit of good form.

• Like 1

Turns out I've not been in this thread since September. Shows how depressing it all is.

Still, Yay for so many Tottenham players. Mason's been in form, Rose has been in form, Kane's been in form, Townsend's been in some form, Walker's been horrible but is one of those guys always around the fringes of the squad anyway so meh.

Sturridge is out too, surely adds to the prospect of a start for Kane.

And I'm delighted for Ryan Mason, I believe he's the first former Doncaster Rovers player to earn a senior England call-up in my lifetime. A cracking midfielder he was too for us.