The England thread

I think I got proof of England's woes the first week of my Uni course, we were split into three groups and given a couple of days to come up with an effective ten minute coaching session on a football skill.

The first group made us jog laps of the pitch and do 10 squats and lunges at each corner flag.

The second group made us do sprint shuttle runs.

And my group (read: me taking charge because sprogs) just ripped off Barcelona and got people to pass the ball around in 10 yard squares whilst being overloaded by defenders.

20 minutes of 'coaching' without touching an actual football.

I think I got proof of England's woes the first week of my Uni course, we were split into three groups and given a couple of days to come up with an effective ten minute coaching session on a football skill.

The first group made us jog laps of the pitch and do 10 squats and lunges at each corner flag.

The second group made us do sprint shuttle runs.

And my group (read: me taking charge because sprogs) just ripped off Barcelona and got people to pass the ball around in 10 yard squares whilst being overloaded by defenders.

20 minutes of 'coaching' without touching an actual football.

When I started training in England, our first training session was 2 laps round the pitch, then some back and forth sprints, and then some game in the box where we had to run around, and then jump on the back of someone with a jersey on. When I had a jersey on some 20 stone cunt decided to jump on my midget back.

I was always up front

Because I was good

To be fair, Eddie, Holland are crap as well :P

I'm sorry, did I see you guys in 3 semi finals in the last 5 World Cups?

Is the Ajax academy not one of the best renowned in the world?

Crap at what exactly? Big headed players on the senior national level who put themselves before the team? I'll give you that one. :P

And I was right back.

Seriously, just right back.

I was always right wing

bloody foreigners coming over here, taking our women and stealing our jobs

I do have more English exes than any other nationality. :pervert:

I was a left back. I did a job but it didn't fit me at all and a bit of a waste there. Didn't have enough pace to play there really and had more technical ability than others playing in more prominent positions.

Not bitter at all. <_<

Main thing annoyed me about my development playing left back is that it turned my right foot to shit. At that level, you'd never dream of venturing inside, so I went from having a decent right foot to being one of the most left footed players you'll ever see due to lack of use. It's common at the highest level too.

Left foot is still magic when I play though!

I was, and still am, a goalkeeper.

Not because I'm fat, and not because I'm the worst player on the team. Just because I'm half decent between the sticks and I enjoy it.

Exactly, you're a nutter.

• Like 1

I was either a keeper or the dirtiest defender you've ever seen. Wild tackles, diving, clipping my own heels, elbows everywhere and a hell of a lot of shit talking.

And sometimes I was stuck up front. Good feet for a big lad.