The England thread

• Admin

Better than before yes but still not so great. Anyway.

Woy on why there are only two keepers named in the squad:

"One of the most interesting things, you'll probably think, is the absence of a third goalkeeper,
"That's because we regard Jack Butland as the keeper in that position but our under 21s have a game on Friday so we would prefer him to stay and play in that game.
"But he will be our third goalkeeper and will come with us if anything happens to the other two keeper in training or during the first game."

Isn't there anyone better than Smalling and Jones? John Stones, Eric Dier....?

They're both still in the U21 team.

There's two articles out today about Eric Dier. Jamie Carragher calls him shit and Martin Keown calls him 'England's best centre back'.

Two players older than me, think it's probably time to hang up my England boots. For a fun challenge, try to guess who they are! :shifty:

Don't worry, only Carrick is older than me.

• Admin
Dier is still very raw. I have confidence that he can develop into a top CB. Time will tell...
England Under-21s boss Gareth Southgate names a 24-man squad for this month's games against Czech Republic and Germany. Full internationals Calum Chambers and John Stones, along with forward Saido Berahino, return after missing out on places in Roy Hodgson's senior squad.

Full squad named by Gareth Southgate for the friendlies against Czech Republic and Germany
Goalkeepers: Marcus Bettinelli (Fulham), Jonathan Bond (Watford), Jack Butland (Stoke City).
Defenders: Calum Chambers (Arsenal), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Luke Garbutt (Everton), Ben Gibson (Middlesbrough), Carl Jenkinson (West Ham United - loan from Arsenal), Michael Keane (Burnley), Liam Moore (Brentford - loan from Leicester City), John Stones (Everton), Matt Targett (Southampton).
Midfielders: Tom Carroll (Swansea City - loan from Tottenham Hotspur), Nathaniel Chalobah (Reading - loan from Chelsea), Jake Forster-Caskey (Brighton & Hove Albion), Will Hughes (Derby County), Jesse Lingard (Derby County - loan from Manchester United), Alex Pritchard (Brentford - loan from Tottenham Hotspur), Nathan Redmond (Norwich City), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton).
Forwards: Patrick Bamford (Middlesbrough - loan from Chelsea), Saido Berahino (West Bromwich Albion), Danny Ings (Burnley), Callum Wilson (AFC Bournemouth).

The last year for Tom Ince has been funny. He went from being on loan to Palace in the Prem, being linked with Inter for ages only to end up being pulled in by the strong gravitational pull of Steve Bruce's head and landing in Hull, hardly playing any games and going back to the Championship on loan.

My favourite was him the other day pretty much taking sole credit for Kane's call up, saying that Levy wanted him to get rid and being like 'Are you listening, Daniel?'

• Like 1