General Television Thread

Hellfire

Just pay for Netflix, you cheapskate :/

I do pay for Netflix, I've had a sub for ages.

I'm not going to wait a fucking year for Game of Thrones, Shameless, or just maybe forever for half the shows that don't make it across the waters.

Seriously - point me to a place I can legally pay for all the content I want and not have to wait fucking forever and I'll give up torrents tonight.

• Like 1

Yeah, old content it's actually easier to pay for it.

It's crazy how making it easier to pay for the content gets people to pay for it. It's almost like the entire reason most of us torrent is because they make it such a fucking hardship to keep up.

Long live our new Netflix overlords, down with the archaic structures of traditional television.

• Like 1

Speaking of waiting for content, I'm thinking of ditching cable and going strictly streaming. How soon are new shows added ti Hulu Plus? Like this weeks Arrow thats airong tomorrow, when would it be on Hulu Plus? Also how much does it cost?

Finally got around to watching Brooklyn 99 since it arrived in the UK on Thursday. Expected crap from what I'd seen of the adverts, but can now see why it gets a lot of praise. Got a few laughs out of me looks strong to carry on.

I thought the same. The trailer made it look on the same quality-level as Dads, but really, it's outstanding. One of the few shows that I can find regularly entertaining week on week.

Uncle on the other hand is wonderfully funny. If it weren't for BBC3, BBC comedy would be abysmal.

I found Uncle a bit so-so, but BBC3 is quite good for comedy. I loved Bad Education.

Also - more people need to watch series 2 of The Bridge because I have nobody to discuss it with. :( It's all on iPlayer. The Guardian called it the best TV show since Breaking Bad. I am nearly at the point where I am just going to torrent the last four episodes, as I can't wait to see it on TV. >_>

I love Emmy Rossum. She can do no wrong. That kid playing Carl, Ethan Cutofsky (?), is really blossoming as well, I love his plotlines. Freaking great Shameless episode, plus the show as a whole got even more awesome with Johanna Braddy added to it (hopefully she becomes a regular!).

I like Grey's, am middling on Big Bang and have never seen the appeal in Girls. I don't know what to do :(

Well, considering that the internet won't shut up about about the social/political impact of the series like everybody does with Girls...

• Admin

Uncle on the other hand is wonderfully funny. If it weren't for BBC3, BBC comedy would be abysmal.

A sequel to Twenty-Twelve, W1A is being made - Hugh Bonneville overseeing the BBC's move into new Broadcasting House. They were filming in our newsroom over the weekend. So I have high hopes for that!