General Television Thread

Hellfire

29 minutes ago, Josh to the World said:

Haven’t got to those, just the first episode.

But it’s safe to assume they have and those things will never be a problem again.

EFD2D627-C84A-4EB7-97A7-4D7CE4B0BF6A.jpeg

I know you might not know who Harry Enfield but he is hilarious. He plays William Shakespeare's Dad.

The Fix feels like an American impression of a British panel show. It's ok.

Edit. Oh cool a i can has cheeseburger reference in 2018

Edit 2: it's actually grown on me quite a lot. Katherine Ryan is a treasure.

• Like 1

The thing I like most about British quiz shows is when I can play along a bit. 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown, QI, Would I Lie To You, etc. all have a little bit of that. That was the thing I felt was most missing from The Fix. That being said, I only watched 1 episode. 

@midnight had that element based on what I saw of it. Panel shows are such a weird premise when you think about it "it's a quiz, but it's not really a quiz because nobody cares who wins it's just a bunch of jokes" 

• Like 1

The last half of Drunk History's fifth season got added to CraveTV and was fantastic. Rich Fulcher is a hilarious drunk, and the Halloween episode was awesome. We're waiting on new seasons of Kimmy Schmidt and Grace & Frankie now though, so it may be time to revisit The League, which is one of my wife's favorite shows ever.

It took a lot of pushing on my part to get her to watch it, because it's hard to really explain what the show's about to someone... like, it's about a Fantasy Football League, but that's just mostly background noise to the rest of what happens... but the rest of what happens is insane. Jason Mantzoukas was a brilliant find. I love that guy.

Edited by Gabriel

24 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

The last half of Drunk History's fifth season got added to CraveTV and was fantastic. Rich Fulcher is a hilarious drunk, and the Halloween episode was awesome. We're waiting on new seasons of Kimmy Schmidt and Grace & Frankie now though, so it may be time to revisit The League, which is one of my wife's favorite shows ever.

It took a lot of pushing on my part to get her to watch it, because it's hard to really explain what the show's about to someone... like, it's about a Fantasy Football League, but that's just mostly background noise to the rest of what happens... but the rest of what happens is insane. Jason Mantzoukas was a brilliant find. I love that guy.

Its my girlfriends favorite too, which is weird because, she is super conservative. I think she just has the hots for Taco. And through the show, she is now an avid fantasy football player. She and I are battling it out in the Shiva Bowl in one of our leagues this year. 

I love Raffi, however the Raffi-Dirty Randy stand alone episodes aren't entertaining to me, even though I generally find both Jason and Seth Rogen entertaining separately 

Edited by million$$man

1 minute ago, million$$man said:

Its my girlfriends favorite too, which is weird because, she is super conservative. I think she just has the hots for Taco. And through the show, she is now an avid fantasy football player. She and I are battling it out in the Shiva Bowl in one of our leagues this year. 

I love Raffi, however the Raffi-Dirty Randy stand alone episodes aren't entertaining to me, even though I generally find both Jason and Seth Rogen entertaining separately 

The Raffi/Dirty Randy episodes are so out of place among the rest of the show, so I can see how people wouldn't be fans. Me personally? I love them. When we get to those ones, we hit the bong a little harder and enjoy. I'd love to see those two get a movie or mini-series or something and just go crazy.

I actually didn't know Jon Lajoie until I watched him as Taco, but my wife has been following his comedy for years, and was insanely happy to see him on the show.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ms. Christmas Drag said:

The thing I like most about British quiz shows is when I can play along a bit. 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown, QI, Would I Lie To You, etc. all have a little bit of that. That was the thing I felt was most missing from The Fix. That being said, I only watched 1 episode. 

I get that. Have you tried House of Games yet? There’s lots of playing along.

4 hours ago, Ms. Christmas Drag said:

ah shit, yeah you're right. that is what's missing.

• Like 1