General Television Thread

Hellfire

The film got pretty poor reviews, though it thought it was alright, but in terms of casting it was amazing. It felt like someone had put a wishlist together and somehow managed to get the top name for each part. Michael Gambon played Godfrey of all people. This looks not far off though and Bathurst is a great choice. Looking forward to Kevin Eldon's Jones too. 

5 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

The final episode in season two of F is for Family was all sorts of amazing.

Does anyone know if it has been renewed for a fourth season? Because it needs to continue.

Have you started season 3 yet? The fact that they lengthened it to 10 episodes put it down my watchlist a bit, if only because for that particular show, it was so easy to binge it in 3 quick hours and come out completely satisfied and moved. Would love to know if the longer season managed the same feat.

18 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

Have you started season 3 yet? The fact that they lengthened it to 10 episodes put it down my watchlist a bit, if only because for that particular show, it was so easy to binge it in 3 quick hours and come out completely satisfied and moved. Would love to know if the longer season managed the same feat.

Only seen the first three so far but it's still as entertaining as the first two seasons.

23 hours ago, Colly said:

That sounds tremendous. I hope the bring in the original Reverend again like they did in the film.

All the missing episodes are from series two, the Reverend didn't debut till series three, on the plus side of the three episodes missing one does include Hodges. Also for those interested the missing episodes are Loneliness of the Long Distance Walker, A Stripe for Frazer and Under Fire

I can't believe sticking through very medicore-to-terrible seasons of Modern Family might reap some reward for me. This season has been fun, and the past couple of episodes have been great. It's a fun show again, if it is a little stale. I really kinda' hope they wrap up after this. Do you really need 11 seasons to tell this story where the term "modern family" itself become something radically different? 

17 hours ago, Cloudo Miedo said:

Good Girls gets pretty dark at the end of that first episode, huh?

There's a few more dark moments once you get into the series. It's not explicitly a comedy, which is what I thought it was going in. Finished it about a week ago, maybe two. It's really good, looking forward to season two.

The first season of American Vandal had no reason to be as good as it was, and I think the second season even tops it. Why did Netflix have to cancel it? :(

Also finished the two seasons of 'A Very Secret Service' on Netflix, a French comedy about the French secret service in 1960. It takes an episode or two for its qualities to really come through but it's still a very self-aware comedy about France's past with great gags, storylines and a really charismatic cast. 

12 minutes ago, Cloudo Miedo said:

Law & Order: SVU is 20 years old this year. Jeez.

I miss Elliot and I used to watch the show religiously along with CI, but ever since Elliot left I have watched sporadically. Isn't Olivia now the head of the department?

She's the lieutenant now I believe. Is that the head of the department? IDK. I just read an AVC piece about SVU detective pairs that mentioned the 20 years thing and was like holy shit, this show's been around my entire adult life and then some.