General Television Thread

Hellfire

Supernaturals 300th(!?!?) episode was tonight.

On 08/02/2019 at 06:53, Lint said:

Supernaturals 300th(!?!?) episode was tonight.

Wow, that's mad! I love the show although I am by now several seasons behind (only ever watched it on DVD really) and it's remarkable how long they've kept it going.

10 hours ago, Owen said:

Scrubs' ninth season is fine. Not comparable to the rest of the show, but it's alright.

I have a soft spot for it because I didn't know it existed so when I found out there were new Scrubs episode, I binged them all. It was a nice little surprise. Is the scene where JD walks through the hall at the end of Season 8 or Season 9? That really should have been the end anyway.

11 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Another good new comedy is The Other Two on Comedy Central.

Oooh, a Chris Kelly/Sarah Schneider show!

12 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

I have a soft spot for it because I didn't know it existed so when I found out there were new Scrubs episode, I binged them all. It was a nice little surprise. Is the scene where JD walks through the hall at the end of Season 8 or Season 9? That really should have been the end anyway.

That was the end of season 8, yeah. That was a great ending and it seems like basically everyone working on the show wanted that to be the end, and the 9th season was going to be a spin-off but ABC basically just said 'na, it's just a new season!' and that's why it got generally such a bad wrap.

The end of the 9th season is the most nothing thing, and apparently that was because they didn't get a full season order (it was only 13 eps), so it was kinda weird just seeing this show that was on TV for an entire decade just end on such a weird note. JD and Elliot's last scenes were such an anticlimax and their last episodes are just in the middle of the season, and they leave without fanfare, but I guess they weren't going to be able to top the original finale ep anyway, so it probably wasn't worth trying.

• Like 1

I own all 8 seasons of Scrubs on DVD and the finale is the end of that show. "Season 9" is Scrubs in name only and it is certainly better thought of as a spin-off. The network just wanted to try and keep the ratings up by calling it Scrubs, it's a shame.

Those s9 episodes are fine really, it's just not the same show at all.

On 06/02/2019 at 01:07, million$$man said:

Dont ruin your appreciation of Scrubs by watching the last season.

As someone who absolutely adores Scrubs - the show wasn't that great from around when Elizabeth Banks arrived, that "Interns" season was actually better than almost all of seasons 6 and 7, and a lot of 8.

I enjoyed season 8! They had a few good episodes there. My Last Words was a phenomenal episode, I thought, and the finale was damn good too.
I can't remember much of season 7, but it was cut short and the season finale was that fairy tale one, which was an episode that I really didn't care for. I feel like that season could've done better if it wasn't for the writers strike and NBC just not caring about it.

Started watching Frasier. I haven't seen anything from Cheers but I don't think it's really been an issue so far, but I've only just got to the episode where Lilith 'comes back' and all I know is that she's Frasier's ex-wife... but maybe that's all I really need to know. Also, Roz is wonderful.

11 hours ago, livid said:

Psych is getting another movie! :w00t:

tenor.gif

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, C-MIL said:

What is it about? I have seen some ads, but they don't explain the premise at all.

Basically it is about a boarding school to turn teenagers into assassins set in the 80s.

It's based on a graphic novel that I am not very familiar with but I have enjoyed the show so far. 

Edited by livid
  • Like 1

The Big Mouth valentine's day special is great.

"So, Howie Long story Martin Short, now I'm Walgreens Greeter Steve. Not to brag, but I've never been closer to suicide!"

• Like 1

On 13/02/2019 at 14:29, Owen said:

I enjoyed season 8! They had a few good episodes there. My Last Words was a phenomenal episode, I thought, and the finale was damn good too.
I can't remember much of season 7, but it was cut short and the season finale was that fairy tale one, which was an episode that I really didn't care for. I feel like that season could've done better if it wasn't for the writers strike and NBC just not caring about it.

Started watching Frasier. I haven't seen anything from Cheers but I don't think it's really been an issue so far, but I've only just got to the episode where Lilith 'comes back' and all I know is that she's Frasier's ex-wife... but maybe that's all I really need to know. Also, Roz is wonderful.

Such a good episode!

• Like 1