General Television Thread

Hellfire

23 hours ago, Pooker said:

Alex Trebek has announced that he has stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

What is `Cancer sucks'?

Heard about this, and have been really bummed ever since. He's my favorite game show host of all time, and seems like a genuinely nice man. Plus he already had to deal with brain surgery after a fall last year.

Just watched the first part of Leaving Neverland. Fucking hell, it's such a difficult watch - horrific to think there are so many people defending Michael Jackson. I guess I need to see the second half before completely drawing all conclusions but yeah, it's really affecting and sickening stuff so far. 

On the complete other end of the spectrum, Monday nights on the BBC are like the golden age of time - This Time With Alan Partridge and Fleabag are both phenomenal. 

5 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Just watched the first part of Leaving Neverland. Fucking hell, it's such a difficult watch - horrific to think there are so many people defending Michael Jackson. I guess I need to see the second half before completely drawing all conclusions but yeah, it's really affecting and sickening stuff so far. 

Yeah, that shit is tough to watch. Finished the first part but am going to need some time before watching Part 2. 

• Like 1

Finished Frasier. Wonderful show, they sure do love the trope of 'This person thinks that another person is someone else/a different sexual orientation/pursuing someone else' but it nearly always works and those are some of the most best episodes. 

Now I'm onto Cheers. About halfway through the first episode and I'm just not into it yet. At this point, I'm glad I watched Frasier first.

• Like 1

Okay, I know that much now, but I feel like if I started watching Cheers first, I would have probably just written off Frasier and figured they were similar. I'm about 3/4 episodes into Cheers right now and still... eh.

Wasn't sure which thread to post this in, but here's a good deal for TV/Movie fans who have Hulu and/or Spotify. 

All Spotify Premium Users Now Get Free Hulu. All the details are in the article. Seems to be US only, and single premium users and not Family packages.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Owen said:

Okay, I know that much now, but I feel like if I started watching Cheers first, I would have probably just written off Frasier and figured they were similar. I'm about 3/4 episodes into Cheers right now and still... eh.

Cheers is wonderful, but its best cast members take a while to join. Woody, Frasier, and to some extent Rebecca all improve the show IMO.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Benji said:

Cheers is wonderful, but its best cast members take a while to join. Woody, Frasier, and to some extent Rebecca all improve the show IMO.

Sounds about right! I'm definitely going to miss the rest of the Crane family too, though :( But hey, we're supposed to be getting that reboot at some stage!

On 13/03/2019 at 18:55, Benji said:

IIRC, even Norm and Cliff aren't really regulars for a while? It's been ages since I watched CHeers

Finished Russian Doll last night, I really thought it was great.

Tried watching Sex Education but... eh, the first episode didn't really do much for me.

9 hours ago, Hobo said:

IIRC, even Norm and Cliff aren't really regulars for a while? It's been ages since I watched CHeers

I just checked the Wikipedia page for season 1 and Cliff's missing from only one episode in season one, which is apparently the only episode without him in it. The two of them aren't credited in the opening sequence at first, but are regulars from the start.

(EDIT: Cliff isn't credited in season 1's opening, but Norm is)

But yeah, giving Cheers another go and I'm enjoying it more this time. I feel like I was probably just not in a great mood when I first tried watching it, and had too high hopes in that it would be anything like Frasier. It's a very different show but still enjoyable!

• Like 1