General Television Thread

Hellfire

I watched "The Comedian" episode of the new Twilight Zone, because it's up for free on CBS All Access' YouTube channel. I didn't hate it nearly as much as everyone else seemingly does.

I liked it.  My weird complaint is that I could do without the swearing.  The story is good, it probably didn't need to be 55 minutes long. 

I have more issues with the second episosde, Nightmare at 30,000 Feet.

First I enjoyed so much of this episode.  Adam Scott does great as a guy trying to keep it together.  Dan Carlin as the podcast host is fantastic casting.  And I enjoyed 90% of the story.  My problems are with Chris Diamantopoulous' character who is just all over the place.  Its just barely established that he's a disgruntled former pilot, because too much of his time on screen is him just acting so weirdly nonchalant that you begin to wonder if he's a hallucination or something.  But ultimately, I loved the whole Justin is the one who inadvertently causes the crash thing, that's a twist that's very to Twilight Zone.  My big issue is with the ending, it felt completely disjointed and strangely tacked on and completely unnecessary.  In my opinion, you end that episode with the plane going down.  The whole episode was built around that podcast talking about how the flight mysteriously disappeared.  To have it continue past that point, and to have him find a second episode of the podcast which says basically "Wait actually everyone was found alive...except Justin" just felt really stupid and forced.

The girlfriend and I gave Abby’s a shot. Turns out it’s a multi-camera show. However! It’s filmed outside, so it’s an interesting choice. Decent for the format, but it won’t be for us.

13 hours ago, Josh to the World said:

The girlfriend and I gave Abby’s a shot. Turns out it’s a multi-camera show. However! It’s filmed outside, so it’s an interesting choice. Decent for the format, but it won’t be for us.

Yeah, I don't really like it, which is too bad, because I actually like many of the people in the show. 

On 01/04/2019 at 02:44, Howdy Cloudy said:

Santa Clarita Diet season 3 is good. Just finished it.

season finale spoilers:

Hide contents

Oh shit! Joel is either undead at best or Mr. Ball Legs has taken his body at worst.

It was such a good season! 

18 hours ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Yeah, I don't really like it, which is too bad, because I actually like many of the people in the show. 

I'm giving it two more episodes, then calling it quits if it doesn't get better. I like the cast, but that's not enough justification to keep watching.

Heidi and I gave up on The Enemy Within, and stopped DVRing it. We deleted the latest episode without even watching it.

The only new show I watch that Heidi doesn't is The Village. 

Anyone watched or DVR'd The Code?

Vice Principals alum Walton Goggins will re-team with his former co-star Danny McBride on McBride’s new HBO comedy series The Righteous Gemstones. Goggins is set for a recurring role on the series, on which McBride also stars along with John Goodman.

Written, directed and EP’ed by McBride, The Righteous Gemstones tells the story of a world-famous televangelist family with a long tradition of deviance, greed and charitable work.

Goggins will play Baby Billy, a former child star who clogged and sang for Jesus. As an aging man, he’s fallen on hard times and comes to the Gemstones for salvation.

Yessssssssssssssss

• Like 1

On 11/04/2019 at 05:34, Monkey D. Lars said:

My high hopes for the Twilight Zone thus far has not been met!

And, anyone else watching What We Do in the Shadows? I like it!

I'm also enjoying it quite a bit. Not as much as the movie, but it has it's charm.