General Television Thread

Hellfire

Watching Schooled.

Spoiler

Could do without CB... and Lainey tbh. I liked her on The Goldberg's but I don't think she's a strong enough character to be main. Only three episodes deep so hopefully my opinion will change. Coach and Andre are carrying it anyway. Shame Clancy Brown isn't a main cast member but nice to see him making appearances.

Wife introduced me to Flight of the Conchords shortly after we watched Eagle vs. Shark. 

Jemaine Clement is my new favourite TV person. Not sure how I let this one slip under the radar, my sister used to watch it a lot but I never really paid attention.

• Like 1

Don't know if anyone's been watching but Fosse/Verdon has been awesome. Sam Rockwell and Michelle Williams (especially Michelle Williams) have been fantastic and they should give them all the awards and then literally create more awards and give them to both of them.

20 hours ago, Benji said:

Watching Schooled.

Hide contents

Could do without CB... and Lainey tbh. I liked her on The Goldberg's but I don't think she's a strong enough character to be main. Only three episodes deep so hopefully my opinion will change. Coach and Andre are carrying it anyway. Shame Clancy Brown isn't a main cast member but nice to see him making appearances.

Spoiler

I think Lainey grows into her character, but I don't think her character is strong enough to be the main focus. It probably doesn't help that she's playing opposite comedian veterans in Tim Meadows and Bryan Callen, who I agree are the best parts of the show. I also agree that CB sucks, he's supposed to be a sort of Adam all-grown up or something, I suppose, but it's just so forced. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Wife introduced me to Flight of the Conchords shortly after we watched Eagle vs. Shark. 

Jemaine Clement is my new favourite TV person. Not sure how I let this one slip under the radar, my sister used to watch it a lot but I never really paid attention.

I don't care what anyone says, this is some of the best television that has ever been put on a screen. Bret McKenzie is also one of the best straight man actors as well.

Edited by apsham
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Benjamin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think Lainey grows into her character, but I don't think her character is strong enough to be the main focus. It probably doesn't help that she's playing opposite comedian veterans in Tim Meadows and Bryan Callen, who I agree are the best parts of the show. I also agree that CB sucks, he's supposed to be a sort of Adam all-grown up or something, I suppose, but it's just so forced. 

It doesn't help that I think most people (or at least me...) want Lainey and Barry to be together but the show is trying to force a CB/Lainey relationship. Though I'm not sure what to think after the finale. Tim Meadows and Bryan Callen are definitely the heart and soul of the show but the other more veteran teaching cast are all great too.

Edited by St. Dubb
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, St. Dubb said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Exactly, that too. The moment I saw this young white sorta good looking dude that looked around Lainey's age, I knew they were going to try and match them. And I completely stan Barry/Lainey, they've been adorable and had some genuinely beautiful moments on the Goldbergs, including the tearful goodbye when she leaves.

2 hours ago, apsham said:

I don't care what anyone says, this is some of the best television that has ever been put on a screen. Bret McKenzie is also one of the best straight man actors as well.

You both aware the most recent tour set is now on Spotify? Father and Son is such a simple idea but easily one of my favourite songs now.

7 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Well, now you have your new go-to way to get into business time.

• Haha 1

Siblings is a fun show. It's on iPlayer, and it's almost Always Sunny-esque, about two awful siblings who share a flat and sorta fumble their way through their lives. My description doesn't do it justice but it's GOOD. Also, Ghosts is great too, which also stars Charlotte Ritchie. She's good. I like her.

Anyone watch Years and Years? It's a BBC drama about what life, politics, society, might be like in 5 years.

Oh wait

there's a fuck robot in it called Keith