General Television Thread

Hellfire

2 hours ago, K said:

is justified worth rewatching? I have no idea how far through I made it last time, but it's all on prime for free at the moment.

I didn't see the last season, but absolutely. First three seasons are an excellent watch and I've rewatched it at least once since I have it all on DVD.

Years and Years is done. I don't think any television show has ever provoked such a range of emotions in me. Incredible television. Unbelievable. Catapulted straight into my GOAT.

7 hours ago, K said:

Years and Years is done. I don't think any television show has ever provoked such a range of emotions in me. Incredible television. Unbelievable. Catapulted straight into my GOAT.

It was a real triumph, wasn't it? I've got to say I wasn't fully in love with the last two episodes. I just wasn't fully convinced by its transition into an espionage thriller and preferred it when it felt like a small scale family story to the backdrop of this huge political backdrop. It also felt like it tied up a little too neatly. That said, I loved the journey, especially the first four episodes. I'll remember it for the strength of its ensemble, the warmth and compassion within that family dynamic and the all-too-real plausibility of the horrific events. 

Danny's death was superbly done, as well. Like, the whole build and reveal was heart-breaking. As was Stephen's descent into villain, sending Viktor to the camps. His redemption didn't sit that well with me, I think they should've seen that through.

British TV is having a real moment; Gentleman Jack is really finding its groove, I'm catching up with The Virtues which is insanely good, we've got another season of Killing Eve and a bunch of great stuff to come out. It seems like these co-productions are the way forward, too. 

• Like 1

On 06/06/2019 at 12:24, K said:

accidentally watched three seasons of kims convenience in three days again

I finally caught an episode of this - the mother and father go out on a double date with his Chinese friend and the Russian hairstylist that he's interested in - and damn, I really need to watch more of this.

56 minutes ago, apsham said:

I finally caught an episode of this - the mother and father go out on a double date with his Chinese friend and the Russian hairstylist that he's interested in - and damn, I really need to watch more of this.

it's just so pure and refreshing. I love it so much.

We picked up on Kim's Convenience when we saw it on Netflix and it reminded us of Fresh off the Boat, which we haven't been able to keep up with because it's not streaming on something we have currently.

It's such a good show though, and I'm stoked for more to land on Netflix.

Been watching Blood & Treasure, but I am starting to get a bit tired of it. Heidi couldn't get into it and stopped watching afte the first episode.

We have the first episodes of Grand Hotel and Reef Break on the dvr, but haven't watched them yet.

Just now, 9 to 5 said:

How the Fallout universe as a concept for someone like Netflix to buy into and attempt to make as the new GoT I don't know. 

I could actually get behind that providing they don't turn it into another fucking zombie show because I'm so over zombies now.

11 minutes ago, Benji said:

Can someone suggest some currently airing comedies (can be a few seasons deep) that are worth watching? Feeling a real lack of them lately, especially in the off season.

What do you have for streaming services?