General Television Thread

Hellfire

4 hours ago, Monkey D. Lars said:

Season 1 of the Twilight Zone reboot was sooooo bad! 

I have never watched any Twilight Zone before this season. Some of the episodes were a bit cringey but I generally liked it. 

What didn't you like about it?

If I was stranded on an island and had one tv/dvd combo and could take only one boxset of TV Show DVDs with me....it would be Scrubs. That is all.

• Like 2

On 29/05/2019 at 09:50, Barbaro CaverLUKIEo said:

Anyone here ever watch Chef's Table on Netflix?

100% recommend Street Food by the same people. It's amazing.

Have not watched either, but plan to.

I recommend Nailed It! If you want to see  baking gone wrong, in a fun way. Haven't watched season 3, which was recently added, but the show is hilarious.

On 31/05/2019 at 15:05, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

I have never watched any Twilight Zone before this season. Some of the episodes were a bit cringey but I generally liked it. 

What didn't you like about it?

I think I just wanted to like it that much but most episodes are such a drag to get through, at least for me! I like the original much more! 

But! Anyone still watching the new DuckTales? I love how they are building their world. Negaduck? DAAAMN!

• Like 1

Good Omens was flawed but great. I don't know if I enjoy it more or less for having re-read the book very recently, though.

Its biggest strength is in the performances of Tennant and Sheen, and it kind of meanders a bit when not focused on those two, though the casting of some of the supporting cast is really inspired, and you can tell it was made with love, and is bursting with little easter eggs and references.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Worth getting on this? 

There's only three episodes so far, so it's not a huge time sink.

It's really well done television, but it's terrifying how likely it all is. Try it.

• Like 1

I think there'll be 6 in total which is doable. It's good, but yeah I don't think enjoyable is the word. I do keep getting thrown by the phones and cars not keeping up with the years though...

6 hours ago, Ruki said:

Barry season 2, episode 5....

.... he isn't...He can't...

Reveal hidden contents

That’s possibly the best standalone episode.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, K said:

There's only three episodes so far, so it's not a huge time sink.

It's really well done television, but it's terrifying how likely it all is. Try it.

Sweet, will do. Always overwhelmed by the amount of TV, but trying to make a concentrated effort to make time for the British stuff for research. Currently a couple eps into Gentleman Jack, purely because it's written by Sally Wainwright of Happy Valley fame. It's fine - kinda keeping with it because it's light and I loved Happy Valley, but this sounds like something to balance that out. 

Also, totally underwhelmed by the new What We Do In The Shadows, first few eps just feel a bit try hard, which is a shame because I love Matt Berry and Natasia Demetriou. 

Re-watching the US Office for the second time at the moment, and just finished Goodbye Michael. Hit me in the feels more than it did the first time you know. Really sucks just how much it all went to shit from then on really. Last season clawed back some of the goodwill, but man it fell hard at this point. Still one of my favourite shows though.

2 hours ago, Josh to the World said:

That’s possibly the best standalone episode.

It was just so... amazing. The visual of the kid screaming with the bloodied face... that was something else.