General Television Thread

Hellfire

5 minutes ago, Colly said:

I haven't seen it yet, is it grimmer than ever? 

I hope episode 6 is the revelation it's all been a dream and it's 2012 again and also in real life also too also.

pretty fucking bleak man. 

10 hours ago, K said:

Episode four of Years and Years. Fucking hellllllll

Just done ep 2, really digging it so far.

Also, Gentleman Jack really picks up - the third episode is excellent. 

Also started Chernobyl off the back of all of the rave reviews. The first episode is so visceral and so cinematic, I can't wait to watch the rest. 

It's no coincidence Years and Years and Chernobyl are getting made at the same time, really reflects the state of what we're living through right now. 

Just an FYI, you can make Gentleman Jack even more fun by singing the "Woody's Roundup" theme from Toy Story 2 over that jaunty song that's on about 5 times an episode.

10 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Just done ep 2, really digging it so far.

Also, Gentleman Jack really picks up - the third episode is excellent. 

Also started Chernobyl off the back of all of the rave reviews. The first episode is so visceral and so cinematic, I can't wait to watch the rest. 

It's no coincidence Years and Years and Chernobyl are getting made at the same time, really reflects the state of what we're living through right now. 

Chernobyl is fucking fantastic. I just binged all five episodes tonight. Can't take your eyes off of it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ruki said:

I watched the first episode of Galavant. Not sure why I didn't watch this sooner. 

The wife binged that in a day. I was so confused to see Vinnie Jones in a show like that. 

We’re almost finished with season 2 of Flight of the Conchords and Murray is rapidly climbing into my top 5 TV comedy characters. So well written and so well acted.

I'm not a huge fan of season 2 of Conchords, but Murray is one of my favourite characters in anything. His reaction to being told they have girlfriends being, "what, even both of you?" is one of my favourite jokes ever.

I've started watching Chernobyl and have no idea how people binge it. It's incredible, one of the most powerful things I've seen on TV in years, but it just wears me down, it's so heavy going. After one episode I need time to mull it over.

• Like 1

Rhys Darby tends to basically play Murray in everything, and unusually i have absolutely no issue with that. X-Files Murray and Hunt for the Wilderpeople Murray are two of my favourites, but penguin Murray in Jake and the Neverland Pirates was pretty tremendous too.

Edit: I forgot about Voltron Murray...

Edited by Colly

2 hours ago, Colly said:

Rhys Darby tends to basically play Murray in everything, and unusually i have absolutely no issue with that. X-Files Murray and Hunt for the Wilderpeople Murray are two of my favourites, but penguin Murray in Jake and the Neverland Pirates was pretty tremendous too.

Edit: I forgot about Voltron Murray...

VoDFZmP.gif

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, K said:

is justified worth rewatching? I have no idea how far through I made it last time, but it's all on prime for free at the moment.

Yes. I'm actually about to rewatch (again) that myself once I finish The Sopranos.