General Television Thread

Hellfire

3 hours ago, Josh to the World said:

This latest episode really was stellar. Maybe the best episode they’ve done over both seasons.

Got done watching it last night and it was all sorts of good. Definitely my favourite of the entire show so far. 

I’ve come to really like the people behind CAH (their political efforts, changes to the game when realizing how ACTUALLY harmful something is, the podcast drama I’m in records there, etc.), but it’s a game that does draw out the real dickheads. It doesn’t seem promising.

• Like 2

Man, I was completely wrong about Fleabag. I thought it was a hornier, even-posher version of Miranda from the snippets I had seen but watched the entirety of it in two days, and it is fantastic. I liked Killing Eve, which convinced me to watch Fleabag and yeah, PWB writes a fantastic script.

Back to Life, another BBC 3 production, is a good watch as well though the writing can occasionally be inconsistent. Pilot was great though, and works as a hook.

On 13/04/2019 at 08:57, C-MIL said:

You're The Worst is over. :( I will miss it.

It's best in small doses, but it was sick fun when it was around.

So right now I'm catching up on American Gods, Star Trek Disco, and Game Of Thrones. So much better than a few months back when all I had to watch was Star Trek Voyager.

On 08/05/2019 at 12:39, Liam Mk2 said:

The first episode of Chernobyl was fantastic. 

Hell yeah it was.

Since there's no Survivor thread, I just want to say two things;

1. I want Devens to win.

2. I hope they don't do Edge of Extinction again. It has been underwhelming, and no one currently exiled there deserves to win except for Wardog, and I don't like him.

Yeah, it had a very fitting finale. I had slept on this season, then caught up last week. Aside from the penultimate two episodes trying to pack too much in, it was a fantastic final season that probably ended with its best episode.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

The wife and I binge-watched Dead to Me on Netflix over a couple of days. 

Very good show, some pretty dark comedy in there and I fully recommend a watch if you haven’t already. 

My wife and I did the same thing. It was really good, and I'm looking forward to season two... which means that everyone needs to watch this bloody show so that Netflix doesn't cancel it without any warning.

7 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Veep ended fucking fantastically. Best show on TV, shame everyone seems to have jumped off the ship. Gonna' miss the shit out of it.

Think I'll give it at the very least several months before I do a rewatch.

It was a great last season I found. There was often a critique of Veep that as politics got crazier the show struggled because what started off as completely ridiculous started hitting way too close to home but I actually found that to be one of its strong points, like that it ended the way it ended put a beautiful emphasis on the obsession with power and celebrity that pervades American politics.

• Like 1