General Television Thread

Hellfire

I mean, it's the second half of the season they already filmed and released the first half of a year ago. I'm going into it with the mentality that there probably won't be any more so hopefully it ties things together well.

There have been rumors about a TV show based on the Alien property coming, and it was announced recently. As a huge fanboy, I should be excited... but they're taking a damaged property and giving us an animated show. I'm not sure what audience they're hoping to attract here. It's R-Rated, so it won't be for kids in any way. It's animated, so it better be really damn good to get the adults.

They have to know that it's not going to do well out of the gates. They have to have faith in their ideas and commit to finishing their story, and not be too quick to pull the plug. Something like that is going to need time to establish word of mouth and earn people's trust.

Fox has bungled the Alien property pretty badly, and I just don't think this is a step in the right direction.

On the plus side, it is rumored to be about Alien: Isolation in some way, so we'll get Amanda Ripley and I would imagine a very close quarters encounter with the Xenomorph.

16 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Just finished season 1 of Barry. NoHo Hank should have won Best New Character last year in a landslide.

Barry should have been ranked higher (at all? can't remember) on the year-end list.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Just finished season 1 of Barry. NoHo Hank should have won Best New Character last year in a landslide.

Yeah I thought of him late in the process but had already built the Shame Wizard momentum.