General Television Thread

Hellfire

On 02/02/2019 at 11:05, Jimmy said:

Sex Education rocks. I was saying how refreshing it is that there's no antagonist, it just basically explores how difficult that time in your life can be, and how people can do good and bad things. Like every character has a stage where they do something bad, and it works perfectly because they feel more real. It's also just got a really nice tone to the whole thing - I thought it was great. Someone I know directed the last 4 eps as well, so it's great to see it going so well. Season 2 just confirmed. 

Now I'm sort of connected to it too, though I'm incredibly jealous of our social marketing lot. :(

Watched the first 2.5 seasons of Scrubs in the summer and finally got back to it. It's also good show. Glad I'm finally getting round to watching shows that I've been meeting to for a while.

5 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Watched the first two episodes of Russian Doll and I'm extremely excited at the prominent featuring of Harry Nilsson's best song.

It didn't click for me until episode 3, now I'm enjoying it a lot more. I think there's definitely a required amount of trust that something is actually going to happen / it becomes a little more apparent about what the show is doing differently to other films of a similar nature. Natasha Lyonne is so great, though. I think it might've just been her that really kept me invested in the few two eps, she's such a presence on screen. 

20 hours ago, million$$man said:

Dont ruin your appreciation of Scrubs by watching the last season.

Oh I'm aware of its bad reputation, I haven't seen it but I feel like if it was properly marketed as a spin-off it wouldn't have been received as badly. I probably won't watch it, but if I do, it'll be with that mindset.

Sam Lloyd aka Ted from Scrubs has inoperable cancer. :crying:

Sam Lloyd, who played Ted Buckland on Scrubs, has been diagnosed with inoperable cancer.

After experiencing headaches last month, Lloyd, 55, underwent a CT scan, which revealed the presence of a tumor on his brain. Unfortunately, further tests showed the cancer had spread to his lungs, liver, spine, and jaw.

Several of Lloyd’s former Scrubs cast members have banded together to raise money for Lloyd and his family. A GoFundMe campaign has collected nearly $100,000 in donations since it was created earlier this week.

Lloyd’s other television credits include guest starring roles on The West Wing, Desperate Housewives, Spin City, and 3rd Rock From the Sun. He also appeared in films such as Flubber, Galaxy Quest, and The Brothers Solomon.

• Sad 1

That is horrible. I loved Ted on Scrubs. There's a scene where he's sweating profusely and he puts his hands on the table, only to slip and knock himself out on the table. It's hilarious. My friend and I used to watch that scene over and over again. 

• Like 2