General Television Thread

Hellfire

I've watched like three or four Big Fat Quiz shows tonight. I know next to nothing about any of these people, or the questions/answers, but it's fun. Is this a regular thing on British TV? Like, weekly or something? I just figured out that there's different variations of the show, like one about the 2000s, the specific year ones, "Everything", etc.

And what the fuuuuck is 8 Out of 10 Cats? Who names these shows?!

• Like 1

Big fat quizzes tend to be annual as part of our Christmas TV but, though I think they've done a few random extras. 8 Out of 10 Cats is just an example of a statistical statement, the shows basically about polls and news and that. 

Yeah, Big Fat Quiz of the Year is annual, and they occasionally do specials.

The British Comedy Panel show is an institution at this point.

Others you might enjoy are

8 out of 10 cats, (and its sister show, 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown) mock the week, QI, and Would I Lie To You.

There are hundreds of others, but those are probably the most popular.

Have I got News For You is a classic, but might be a little too British.

Never Mind the Buzzcocks was a favourite, but they don't make it anymore. It's probably all on torrent though. Hilarious music quiz.

• Like 1

Didn't Noel used to be frequently paired with Russell Brand?

I feel like they need to do a better job of picking American comedians if they want them in there. Both Chelsea Peretti and Michelle Wolf are funny, but they both seemed to totally over the whole quiz. 

11 hours ago, K said:

Pointless on Saturday was a comedian special, it had Alex Horne, Joel Dommett, Alex Horne, Isy Suttie, James Acaster and more. It was very good. It's on Iplayer.

It was great. James Acaster was particularly hilarious.

Also, I am in love with Tom Allen. 

I just randomly started watching Kidding yesterday after having seen the first two episodes like four months ago. It turns out I like it way more than I thought I would from those first couple and it probably would have made my top 15 for last year. Hopefully it has another good season before the Showtime rot sets in.

• Like 1

UKTV Gold have announced that they will be remaking the three missing Dad's Army episodes, the currently announced cast is.

Captain Mainwaring - Kevin McNally
Sergeant Wilson - Robert Bathurst
Lance Corporal Jones - Kevin Eldon
Private Frazer - David Hayman
Private Godfrey - Bernard Cribbins
Private Pike - Tom Rosenthall
Private Walker - Mathew Horne

Edited by TheWho87
  • Like 1

That sounds tremendous. I hope the bring in the original Reverend again like they did in the film. 

Edit: I didn't recognise the top two names. I googled. I'm even happier! 

Edited by Colly