General Television Thread

Hellfire

1 hour ago, tristy said:

I saw that earlier when I was looking through Netflix. It stars Kim Coates too, so that's a good draw-in for SOA fans.

It's good. It's a little slower than soa, but I'm really liking it.

• Like 1

Netflix just dropped a new panel show hosted by Jimmy Carr, called The Fix. 10 episodes. It's a bit different though. Katherine Ryan and D.L. Hughley are captains with guest comedians. Apparently mostly Americans. They attempt to solve serious topics like Climate Change, Gun Control, and The Gender Wage Gap.

So, either cool or terrible news. Not sure which. I’ll likely give it a try.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Josh to the World said:

Netflix just dropped a new panel show hosted by Jimmy Carr, called The Fix. 10 episodes. It's a bit different though. Katherine Ryan and D.L. Hughley are captains with guest comedians. Apparently mostly Americans. They attempt to solve serious topics like Climate Change, Gun Control, and The Gender Wage Gap.

Jimmy Carr can do no wrong. It seems like forever since we've had a Big Fat Quiz. It's my favorite part of the holiday season.

7 hours ago, Josh to the World said:

I've been saying Netflix should do a British panel show. Super excited to check this out 

We watched the first episode. It’s not bad, really. I feel the big difference between this and actual British panel shows (so far) is that this has a bit more preparation, whereas the British ones are more spontaneous. But this does show promising flashes of spontaneity. Nikki Glaser in particular provided some great moments.

The wife and I just started watching Barry, starring Bill Hader. What a gem. Anyone who likes his comedy should check it out on HBO or CraveTV. He plays a Hitman who decides that he'd rather be an actor, and chaos ensues.

We are also onto season 3 of Tales from the Cryptkeeper on Tubi TV. The first two seasons are great. The animation is pretty jarring in the third season, but we've never seen that season before, so we're giving it a go. I just wish that Tales from the Crypt, all 93 episodes, were available to stream somewhere. CraveTV because of its affiliation with HBO... Shudder.... Netflix. It was such a great show with so many stars.

Edited by Gabriel

6 hours ago, Josh to the World said:

That is correct. Although the first one is Social Media, so...a bit less looming. No idea what’ll happen in those other episodes.

Did they solve Climate Change, Gun Control, and The Gender Wage Gap?

On 13/12/2018 at 00:49, K said:

Just started watching Bad Blood on Netflix.

Canadian crime series that's a bit Sopranos and a bit Sons of Anarchy.

Really good. Only six episodes too. No fluff.

It's funny the amount of liberties they took with real life by turning this into a TV show, the Kim Coates character never existed!