General Television Thread

Hellfire

And his amazing mustache! :w00t:

He was great. Inspired casting, I think the first time I've outright preferred an Elementary casting of a character over Sherlock's, even though I like Mark Gatiss's Mycroft too.

EDIT: Jesus, the Fargo TV series has Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman as the leads. Now I have to pay attention to it.

• Like 2

Oh hey, turns out I like Trophy Wife perfectly okay in spite of not being a big fan of Malin Ackerman. By comedy pilot standards it worked, and it has the brutally underrated Natalie Morales in it.

• Like 1

Jesus, the Fargo TV series has Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman as the leads. Now I have to pay attention to it.

What the what. When does it start and on which network?

It's going to be on FX, so that's also encouraging. Not sure on the start date but since they're only still announcing casting I imagine it won't be for a while.

Slowly working through Battlestar Galactica. I think my problem with the show is that there's a lot of stuff I like marred by how flat I think a solid chunk of the characters are. It's particularly bad now because it's a string of Lee Adama-heavy episodes and he has a face I want to punch.

• Like 2

I'm considering doing again. For reference,

If I do it again, it will be with some slight modifications:

- I'll leave Arrested Development out of the running and declare it EWB's first entry into its TV Hall of Fame, due to winning the first one and trying to keep things fresh.

- People won't be forced to vote on every single match-up just so they can have their other votes counted. That was just me trying to make sure the voting numbers were high enough, but it may not have been necessary and seemed to rub a few people the wrong way.

Any thoughts on this happening again? Any modifications you might want to see? No guarantees, but it seemed worth asking.