General Television Thread

Hellfire

Question actually..Justified or SOA?

First couple seasons of SoA are good, 1-4 or so. Starts to flag after that, but I'm still sticking with it because why not.

AHS is interesting like that, it's an awful show, but impossible to not watch.

How I Met Your Mother premiere was very cute. The Marshall story is going to drag the season down, but I think overall it will be the proper sendoff the show deserves.

Watch Justified, not SoA, because the first two seasons of both shows are very good but I can confirm that SoA has gotten pretty bad and I cannot confirm any such decline in quality from Justified.

• Like 1

I was excited for Hostages when I found out it was only 15 episodes and because I love Toni Collette, but then I remembered CBS is a terrible network. I dunno what it is about CBS, what influence they have over producers and writers, but the vast majority of the shows on that network just have that CBS "feel" to them. Great premises, good casts, atrocious execution. I thought Under the Dome would be their saving grace since it would have a clear-cut end point as an "event series" (hate that phrase), but they fucked that up too.

Maybe this is my own personal neurosis, but there's just something about the look and feel of CBS shows that keeps me from enjoying them.

I was excited for Hostages when I found out it was only 15 episodes and because I love Toni Collette, but then I remembered CBS is a terrible network. I dunno what it is about CBS, what influence they have over producers and writers, but the vast majority of the shows on that network just have that CBS "feel" to them. Great premises, good casts, atrocious execution. I thought Under the Dome would be their saving grace since it would have a clear-cut end point as an "event series" (hate that phrase), but they fucked that up too.

Maybe this is my own personal neurosis, but there's just something about the look and feel of CBS shows that keeps me from enjoying them.

Elementary is the key to changing that opinion. At least for one show on the network.
  • Like 1

Oh, so I tried to watch Mom last night because I have a soft spot for Anna Faris and I want to try and give a handful of new shows a chance. I think there's a good sitcom in there but it's being drowned out by some of the worst laugh track mixing I've ever heard. It's just relentless and totally drowns out the rhythm of the scenes.

Tonight, Agents of SHIELD and Trophy Wife. The next couple days, WHO KNOWS.

• Like 1

Oh, so I tried to watch Mom last night because I have a soft spot for Anna Faris and I want to try and give a handful of new shows a chance. I think there's a good sitcom in there but it's being drowned out by some of the worst laugh track mixing I've ever heard. It's just relentless and totally drowns out the rhythm of the scenes.

Tonight, Agents of SHIELD and Trophy Wife. The next couple days, WHO KNOWS.

Didn't you learn anything last week?