General Television Thread

Hellfire

3 minutes ago, Ruki said:

I've just started watching the Office. Season one kind of reminds me of season one of Parks and Rec. Kinda just there. 

Season one of the US Office is very bad. I think the first episode even just uses the UK script word for word and it really, really doesn't work.

8 minutes ago, Ruki said:

I've just started watching the Office. Season one kind of reminds me of season one of Parks and Rec. Kinda just there. 

Yeah the first season is really hard work, a lot of it is ripped word-for-word from the UK version which is all kinds of wrong. Stick with it though because as it grows into itself through the following seasons it becomes absolutely superb, really funny.

I believe Parks & Rec is made by the same people. Or at least some of. The guy who plays Dwight's brother "Mose", Michael Schur, is also one of the co-creators of Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Just watched last week's Silicon Valley and man, I hope the show wants me to actively root against Richard because I'm actively rooting against Richard.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, livid said:

The CW has renewed basically everything that has already been running for a bit*

*not including anything premiering in midseason so you still have to wait iZombie fans. 

Honestly, iZombie has been fantastic and I would be sad if it's not renewed, but please god, I think it just needs that last season to have it all wrapped up nicely. It's so good, but I would like if they had some time to know that it's the last season so they can write it properly. Super happy for LoT, Supergirl and Jane the Virgin, though. If you guys haven't watched Jane the Virgin, there probably isn't a more fun, silly, 40+ minutes show on TV right now. My girlfriend got me into it, and it's so goofy and adorable (And stupid, but that's part of the fun).

Already wish Riverdale wasn't renewed, though. I have quickly soured on it this season, which is a shame because last season was a blast.

Rachel Bloom said on Twitter that season four of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is the last one. Which seems like the right decision and from what I vaguely recall reading a year or ago, was always more or less the plan.

meanwhile, Arrow continues to shamble along...

• Like 1