General Television Thread

Hellfire

In someone related news, Fox is resurrecting Last Man Standing after ABC cancelled it last year.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/last-man-standing-resurrected-fox-194553456.html

According to the article, its partly because of the recent success of the Roseanne reboot and thinking people wanting more "pro-Trump" shows :rolleyes:

I keep seeing that and thinking they've uncancelled The Last Man on Earth and then realizing no, that's not what it is and getting disappointed all over again. Fuck FOX.

• Like 3

Lucifer, Designated Survivor and The Expanse cancelled on the same day!? :(

So SOME good news, NBC has picked up Brooklyn Nine-Nine for a season 6, after Netflix passed on the show. What's the last time a live action show switched channels?

Also sucks for DS to be cancelled because my mom loved that show. And i'm just around the end of season 1 of The Expanse, and I was interested in continuing it, hopefully it gets a decent wrap up.

• Like 1

Yeah my parents are bummed about Designated Survivor and Taken being cancelled, but pretty excited about Last Man Standing coming back. Go figure.

Meanwhile, NBC cancelled Great News and I'm heartbroken.

2 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

So SOME good news, NBC has picked up Brooklyn Nine-Nine for a season 6, after Netflix passed on the show. What's the last time a live action show switched channels?

Also sucks for DS to be cancelled because my mom loved that show. And i'm just around the end of season 1 of The Expanse, and I was interested in continuing it, hopefully it gets a decent wrap up.

I think American Idol being revived by ABC is the most recent example. Scrubs moved to ABC for its final two seasons. Medium also had its last two seasons on CBS.

On 11 May 2018 at 04:54, Owen said:

AND they cancelled The Last Man on Earth :( FOX IS THE WOOOORST.

And they renewed that godawful Tim Allen series that for some reason still uses a laugh track. FOX IS THE WOOOOOOORST. 

2 hours ago, Benji said:

Two episodes in - I think I like Barry but I'm not sure. I'm more likely to stick with it than not, but I don't feel like it has hit is stride as strong as I was hoping. Giving it the season at least.

I am gleefully enjoying Barry. Bill Hader and Henry Winkler are brilliant in it. Finale's this week, which I'm anticipating quite a bit, but so far the eight episodes have been highly enjoyable for the dark comedy it is. 

Speaking of finales, Atlanta season 2 has been fucking amazing, I can't wait till I get a chance to watch the finale, gonna' be so dope. Just really good TV.

LMS is weird. My Dad watches it because we loved Home Improvement. It straight up comes across as propaganda against the left a lot of the time while having leftist characters that aren't constantly the but of jokes. I find it really strange that the show has a character that basically says "fuck you" to a lot of female gender roles.

6 hours ago, Benji said:

Two episodes in - I think I like Barry but I'm not sure. I'm more likely to stick with it than not, but I don't feel like it has hit is stride as strong as I was hoping. Giving it the season at least.

Barry gets reeeeeal good. Episode 7 is one of my favourite episodes of tv in a long time. 

13 hours ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

It takes some getting used to. Bill Hader is not laugh out loud funny. It's pretty dark humour as well.

NoHo is a fantastic character though. 

Yeah, he's by far my favourite. He's fantastic in Gotham too.