General Television Thread

Hellfire

Gotham and Elementary renewed. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ruki said:

Wait...was that the season finale of Silicon Valley?! Shit. I thought we still had 2 more episodes.

But what an episode that was!

I'm about 4 episodes behind because of the UK airing schedule, but have been meaning to say I'm really enjoying this season. The forumla's changed up a bit, Elrich's departure was definitely the right step for the show.

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I'm about 4 episodes behind because of the UK airing schedule, but have been meaning to say I'm really enjoying this season. The forumla's changed up a bit, Elrich's departure was definitely the right step for the show.

Agreed 100%. The show feels like a breath of fresh air again, and it's nice that Richard is back to being mostly likeable again after that season or two where he just felt like an obnoxious dick all the time.

The last episode of Seinfeld aired 20 years ago today.  I did not see a single episode of that when it was first airing, as I was only nine and I only cared about watching cartoons and professional wrestling.  Two decades later, I've seen every episode multiple times and can still flip on the 11 PM re-runs and find myself thoroughly enjoying it.

Seinfeld's great.

I still need to watch Silicon Valley and Barry. I'm about halfway through Angie Tribeca as well.

Glad to finally be watching stuff I've never seen before instead of rewatching Friends or The Office all the way through for the 18th time.

Seinfeld is great because it allowed Larry David to eventually make Curb Your Enthusiasm. Having not actually watched a single episode of Seinfeld besides having it on in the background at work or at home sometimes, the season where Larry brings the cast back together for a reunion is pretty great.

Having watched two seasons before I went to uni, and consequently never finished, I've re-started The Sopranos and have finally found something that has fixed the Buffy / The Wire shaped hole in my heart. I've watched ten episodes in two days, which is something I haven't done since I watched The Wire. I obviously understand the subtext much better now I'm seven years older, I couldn't fully appreciate how successfully the show deconstructs masculinity. 

• Like 3

I'm really hoping DESIGNATED SURVIVOR and LUCIFER get picked up by other networks.....but not holding my breath.

*edited to add* NBC is moving all 3 CHICAGO shows to one night. Great, except I don't watch MED unless it's a multi-episode crossover. 

Edited by GhostMachine

2 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

I'm really hoping DESIGNATED SURVIVOR and LUCIFER get picked up by other networks.....but not holding my breath. 

There’s talk that Designated Survivor might get picked up by Netflix, actually.

On 15/05/2018 at 16:56, Lars Kuyt said:

Just started watching Lethal Weapon and that show is just so much fun. Don't know how Stifled will be in a show like this but I'm gonna enjoy the 30 episodes I've got left with Riggs.

Have you ever seen Goon? SWS is pretty good in that - it’s a comedy, but his character isn’t played for just straight up laughs all the time. He can definitely handle a more serious role and obviously we know he can do the comedy.

My question is, if the LW movies are canon in this TV show’s universe, how does that season finale and this casting news affect that timeline? Kinda erases the Lethal Weapon movies.

15 hours ago, tristy said:

There’s talk that Designated Survivor might get picked up by Netflix, actually.

Have you ever seen Goon? SWS is pretty good in that - it’s a comedy, but his character isn’t played for just straight up laughs all the time. He can definitely handle a more serious role and obviously we know he can do the comedy.

My question is, if the LW movies are canon in this TV show’s universe, how does that season finale and this casting news affect that timeline? Kinda erases the Lethal Weapon movies.

Well, we just dropped our Netflix subscription. Guess we'll be getting it back if they pick up Designated Survivor. (We don't watch enough on Netflix right now to justify the subscription due to their price increase, which makes streaming cost what both streaming AND dvds together used to at one point.)

Edited by GhostMachine

11 hours ago, Benji said:

Ah good, it feels like it's coming to a natural arc so glad to see it finish up with what I consider the "sweet spot" for US TV drama.

Yeah, completely agree with this. Feels like this season is coming to another jumping off point, escalated to the point where next season feels right for it to be the last one.