General Television Thread

Hellfire

After that trailer I need to go and look at the first two seasons. It has always been on my backburner, but now i'm more than interested in the show. Also because i've loved Dom Cooper ever since playing Whoring Howard Stark in Captain America and Peggy Carter.

Spoiler for the next season of SURVIVOR (not giving away the theme):

John Hennigan is going to be one of the participants. No word on if he'll change his last name every other tribal, though.

Spoiler for the season of SURVIVOR that just ended:

I don't remember which woman (was it Kellyn?) voted for Wendell, saying she thought he was the true strategist, not Domenick. But I bet she felt like an idiot after watching the season. I also can't help wonder that if Angie hadn't agreed to switch seats, Wendell would have lost the firemaking challenge.

The finale of Silicon Valley was absolute killer. This season seemed to get the show nicely back on track and then the finale took it to another level; that's easily the best episode they've put together in a long time. It feels like they've got real scope to finally commit to expanding the story, instead of recycling certain aspects and I'm fully behind it. The power struggle in that last episode was delicious, they really hit that balance of comedy and drama, raising the stakes, interjected with a few moments of comedy that never undermine the tension. 

Also, just finished Season Two of The Sopranos again. I'd remembered the big plot point of the series, but had forgotten about the majority of Richie's story, so that provided a nice shock. It's just incredible, isn't it? The whole thing is like that perfect combo of writing, acting and aesthetic and I just can't stop watching. 

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

The finale of Silicon Valley was absolute killer. This season seemed to get the show nicely back on track and then the finale took it to another level; that's easily the best episode they've put together in a long time. It feels like they've got real scope to finally commit to expanding the story, instead of recycling certain aspects and I'm fully behind it. The power struggle in that last episode was delicious, they really hit that balance of comedy and drama, raising the stakes, interjected with a few moments of comedy that never undermine the tension.  

Watched it last night and 100% agree. They nailed it. PS...

Spoiler

kiss... my... piss

• Like 2

Only "slightly", as in, she referred to a former top aide for President Obama as an ape.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/29/media/roseanne-twitter-chelsea-clinton/index.html

Barr is notorious for tweeting about pro-Trump conspiracy theories and other controversial topics. This week she repeatedly attacked prominent Democrats.

In one of the tweets, she wrote, "Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj."

Barr was responding to a comment about Valerie Jarrett, a top former aide to President Obama. She replied to CNN reporter Andrew Kaczynski and said it was "a joke."

• Like 1

yeah, she's a world-class idiot. The fact that she pushes so many pro-Trump, anti-Democrat conspiracy theories doesn't help - like the George Soros conspiracy theory mentioned in that CNN article. Yeesh.

I love this in part because she basically took a flamethrower to what the networks were planning the next couple years. I can't imagine they'll be as willing to jump in on the right-leaning stuff as much as they were the day they saw the ratings the Roseanne reboot was getting. 

• Like 1