General Television Thread

Hellfire

10 hours ago, Benji said:

Humans has long been the best show on TV barely anyone seems to talk about. The season 3 finale only cements that for me.

What is it about Benji?

Anway, been watching loads of Batman TAS and it's really good.

Though you can probably guess where the plot goes to a large degree, Wiki's spoiler free synopsis describes it better than I can without spoiling it:

Humans (stylised as HUM∀NS) is a science fiction television series that debuted on Channel 4. Written by the British team Sam Vincent and Jonathan Brackley, based on the Swedish science fiction drama Real Humans, the series explores the themes of artificial intelligence and robotics, focusing on the social, cultural, and psychological impact of the invention of anthropomorphic robotscalled "synths".

The actors are great and the writing is solid. It can be a tad heavy handed on allegory at times but it's a not without reason.

• Like 2

I'm not finished it but she's the same character as far as I have seen.

She has one of the best episodes 

• Like 1

On 06/07/2018 at 18:50, Benji said:

Though you can probably guess where the plot goes to a large degree, Wiki's spoiler free synopsis describes it better than I can without spoiling it:

The actors are great and the writing is solid. It can be a tad heavy handed on allegory at times but it's a not without reason.

HUMANS is great, me and my girlfriend watched it from the start. For those wondering, the premise is that it's an alternate present day Britain where "synths", basically AI robots, are the norm and are used for all sorts of household reasons like a maid, carer, childminder etc. Obviously it doesn't stay that way for long, without giving anything else away.

The acting is great, it's got quite an extensive ensemble cast but the guy who played Merlin in the BBC series and Katherine Parkinson from IT Crowd are two of the main actors.

• Like 1

Watched through all of Cuckoo today. Pretty good show, a standard sitcom, mostly. Shame Andy Samberg had to leave after the first series, but Taylor Lautner does a decent job in his place.

24 minutes ago, CrOwentia said:

Watched through all of Cuckoo today. Pretty good show, a standard sitcom, mostly. Shame Andy Samberg had to leave after the first series, but Taylor Lautner does a decent job in his place.

yeah it's good innit.  they started filming season 4 this year.

• Like 1

Sharp Objects is off to a good start. Maybe a little too much teasing but that's to be expected for a murder mystery's pilot. 

Succession has definitely started to kick it up a notch. I have really enjoyed the past few episodes.

• Like 1

Speaking of good "standard" sitcoms, does anyone else watch Friday Night Dinner? I genuinely think it's one of the best British sitcoms of recent years. Really basic concept but brilliantly written and brilliant people in it, the cast is perfect. Got better as it went along too, the series that just finished was the best of the kit. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Official Collyombia said:

Speaking of good "standard" sitcoms, does anyone else watch Friday Night Dinner? I genuinely think it's one of the best British sitcoms of recent years. Really basic concept but brilliantly written and brilliant people in it, the cast is perfect. Got better as it went along too, the series that just finished was the best of the kit. 

Seen every episode, twice. It's masterful at times, very funny and excellently acted. Probably the best British sitcom of this decade in my view.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Official Collyombia said:

Yeah, Friday Night Dinner is real good. The newest series ended on an odd note, but otherwise it was really a lot of fun.

Also, just started watching GLOW. Don't know what took me so long! Fantastic.

Just started watching Good Girls on Netflix, really enjoying it. 

Christina Hendricks, Donna from Parks & Rec, and The DUFF are all moms short of cash. They come up with a plan, and they quickly get in over their heads. Also IASIP Cricket is there.

Try episode 1. It's good.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Official Collyombia said:

Totally. 

It makes me angry that people I used to work with slated it. They know nothing of comedy. 

Jim's character is written and acted to absolute perfection as well.