General Television Thread

Hellfire

The next season of Mr. Robot, which will not air until 2019, will be it's last. 

Esmail always said it wouldn't last very long but I was hoping to get another season out of it. Makes sense though, both his and Malek's talents are quite in demand now. 

I haven't seen Season 3 yet, but i've loved 1 and 2, but even during 2 you could see some cracks forming that nobody ever expected the show to really go further than one season.

I'm glad they get a chance to finish Elliot's story proper with a final season, and leave everything on high notes (at least show quality wise)

36 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

I haven't seen Season 3 yet, but i've loved 1 and 2, but even during 2 you could see some cracks forming that nobody ever expected the show to really go further than one season.

I'm glad they get a chance to finish Elliot's story proper with a final season, and leave everything on high notes (at least show quality wise)

It was originally written as a movie but Esmail found that he had more material to work with. It was always intended to go at least 3 seasons. 

But season 3 is pretty damn great. Bobby Cannavale and BD Wong kill it. 

Edited by livid

Just finished GLOW. Brill finale to a brill season. Loved it, as it ramped up it got better and better and the last few episodes are just masterful TV.

Spoiler

Bash's storyline really got to me, so impactful and very well done. Basically everyone hit it out the park this season, but especially Bash, Debbie and Sam.

Arthie/Yolanda is cute as buttons too. Hope that stays a thing next season. And Sheila needs to get that crown at some point!

I love Scooby-Doo but I never really watched anything newer than The Witches Ghost. I stumbled upon this video of the 2010 cartoon.

The personality change they gave Velma is the best. In some of the movie cartoons they started giving her more than the classic caryoons but not all that much more. They really went in on making her a good character in this show.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ruki said:

Watching the final season of the office... I do not like what they are doing with Jim and Pam. Stop making them be unhappy! And Andy is just awful in this season.

They proper ruined Andy's character for no reason. The storyline with him and Erin was one of the best things about the later seasons and then they just blew it up for no reason, in an illogical manner.

I bought the entire boxset last year to rewatch and gave up midway through season 7 because the quality drop-off was astounding.

9 hours ago, Ruki said:

Watching the final season of the office... I do not like what they are doing with Jim and Pam. Stop making them be unhappy! And Andy is just awful in this season.

Yeah I can't even bother going back to watch the Office after remembering how they fucked up everything I liked about that show piece by piece.

10 minutes ago, Ruki said:

I'm on like...the last 5 or 6 episodes. I'm hoping there's at least a few feel good moments.

There are, for sure.

I really enjoyed seasons 1-5, loved them. Season 6 quickly turned into a borefest after the wedding, but I actually enjoyed season 7, probably because going into that season on Netflix, I knew that was the last season for Michael Scott. Season 8 was really poor initially, but the Andy/Erin arc really helped improve that season in the back half. Season 9 is a lot of garbage, specifically the Andy characterization and the Jim/Pam arc. The show at least ends on a good note for me.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

There are, for sure.

I really enjoyed seasons 1-5, loved them. Season 6 quickly turned into a borefest after the wedding, but I actually enjoyed season 7, probably because going into that season on Netflix, I knew that was the last season for Michael Scott. Season 8 was really poor initially, but the Andy/Erin arc really helped improve that season in the back half. Season 9 is a lot of garbage, specifically the Andy characterization and the Jim/Pam arc. The show at least ends on a good note for me.

This is all spot on. The show ironically falls off a cliff after "Niagara", where Jim & Pam get married. Some of the earlier season stuff is up there with the best sitcom TV I've ever watched though.

Finished with The Office. I'm glad Michael showed up, but he should have had a bigger role.

S

Also! With the reveal of Dwight being a dad.... How? They already did a paternity test, a doctor told them the results. Did they retcon that?

Edit: the writers said that Dwight had grabbed the wrong diaper. Some explanation would have been nice.

• Like 1

I'm still a little nervous about the audience for the Roseanne spinoff.

The revival struck a cord with people that either voted for, or that could have voted for Trump and now to some of those people at least, every single person involved with the show is a traitor to the cause and the cast/crew don't deserve that.

I hope it is a success personally.

Edited by Noah
  • Like 1

Jack Ryan isn't bad. Krasinski's probably one of the better choices as Ryan as far as fitting into the archetype of a guy who is supposed to be a nerd but is also basically Captain America. And they actually do a decent job of fleshing out the villain. 

The best part about it? It's only 8 episodes so unlike some shows, it's not spinning its wheels for half of the season. And Wendall Pierce is great, as per usual. 

Edited by livid
  • Like 2