General Television Thread

Hellfire

11 minutes ago, Noah said:

That's a show I've been meaning to get into for a while now. I actually have the entire first season on DVD, I've just never gotten around to watching it.

Watch it. Worth it, Season 2 ended on a hell of a note with 

Spoiler

noted relative good gal Emily apparently going to the dark side.

I watched all of White Collar recently. It's fine, I like it as background TV.

After finishing Jack Ryan, prime said I should watch 'StartUp', that Martin Freeman drama about bitcoin or whatever, but I hated it and couldn't get more than ten minutes in.

Then I tried the Taken TV series, but couldn't get into that.

Now I'm on The Crossing which is ok, but I feel like it's just gonna do like the 4400 did to me and just get cancelled after going nowhere.

11 minutes ago, K said:

prime said I should watch 'StartUp', that Martin Freeman drama about bitcoin or whatever, but I hated it and couldn't get more than ten minutes in.

I tried to get into that, because I like Martin Freeman and everything he does... But it just did nothing for me as a show, and after two episodes I just had no connection to the characters or the story they were trying to tell. It just felt lacking, despite decent production values and a decent-ish premise.

35 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

I tried to get into that, because I like Martin Freeman and everything he does... But it just did nothing for me as a show, and after two episodes I just had no connection to the characters or the story they were trying to tell. It just felt lacking, despite decent production values and a decent-ish premise.

martin freeman needs to stop doing the american accent, it's uhhhhhhhh very bad. also three sex scenes in the first ten minutes of episode one is just short hand for 'this is just being edgy to make up for a lack of substance'.

1 hour ago, K said:

Now I'm on The Crossing which is ok, but I feel like it's just gonna do like the 4400 did to me and just get cancelled after going nowhere.

Edit:

"ABC cancelled the show after one season."

lmao. prolly just skip this one then

12 hours ago, K said:

martin freeman needs to stop doing the american accent, it's uhhhhhhhh very bad. also three sex scenes in the first ten minutes of episode one is just short hand for 'this is just being edgy to make up for a lack of substance'.

I completely forgot that part. Yeah, that was utterly stupid.

As a whole I'm always blasé about using sex as character establishing, often it doesn't add anything other than tittilation. And unless the character in question's job is to have sex, what does it establish other than "Yes, this is a person that indeed has sex, but we don't know whether that's often or not because we don't know this character beyond them having sex"

Watched the first episode of Bodyguard on BBC which was excellent. The BBC seems to have a really strong Autumn slate, with Killing Eve coming out tomorrow and a new series penned by Sally Wainwright coming in the next few months. 

Also been watching The Vietnam War by Ken Burns, which has made its way onto Netflix. It's really dense, but that's what sets it apart. It's obviously harrowing, but the in-depth history combined with personal accounts makes for great viewing. 

So excited for new BoJack and also very happy to see The Deuce is back.