General Television Thread

Hellfire

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/charlotte-rae-star-facts-life-dies-92-035413697--abc-news-entertainment.html

:(

I think that leaves Todd Bridges as the last surviving cast member of Diff'rent Strokes, at least from the original cast.

• Sad 1

I legitimately thought he already was the only one.

On another note it's interesting to me that she's apparently more known for Facts of Life as I only knew her from Different Strokes. Facts of Life was just one of those shows that never made an impact in Australia, at least not my part of it(Boy Meets World was another).

Edited by Noah

Ed Balls Travels in Trumpland is a good watch. 

The surreal moment of the series so far was him meeting a black gay man whose boyfriend is Mexican but he supports and voted for Donald Trump. It becomes immediately obvious why however when he says that the most important thing to him is the Second Amendment. So, fuck everything else. As long as I still have my guns. 

I cannot relate to these people in any way, shape or form. 

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Anybody else watching Sharp Objects? Shit's good, yo. 

I've been enjoying it but the pacing seems slightly off to me. Amy Adams is of course amazing but I really wish Chris Messine was in more stuff.

Also, I'll keep pimping Succession because the season finale was insane.

1 minute ago, livid said:

I've been enjoying it but the pacing seems slightly off to me. Amy Adams is of course amazing but I really wish Chris Messine was in more stuff.

Also, I'll keep pimping Succession because the season finale was insane.

Succession is my next thing to watch. I've heard very good things. 

• Like 1

It takes a couple of episodes to get going but by episode 4 it really starts to fire on all cylinders. If you need someone to root for in what you watch, it may be difficult to get in to but otherwise is a great example of tragic storytelling. 

Yeah I get that and that's where a lot of the frustration came from at the outset of the show but it is definitely not meant to glamorize and instead shows you just how inept these people actually are. 

1 hour ago, El Hijosh del Ice Cream said:

Bake Off and Brooklyn 99, lately.

Also the Hunting Homeless People for Sport series and Rolling Naked in a Pile of Money.

I've been slowly catching up with Bake Off. About to watch the season finale of Season 3. 

That show is delightful.