General Television Thread

Hellfire

On 10/07/2018 at 03:33, K said:

Just started watching Good Girls on Netflix, really enjoying it. 

Christina Hendricks, Donna from Parks & Rec, and The DUFF are all moms short of cash. They come up with a plan, and they quickly get in over their heads. Also IASIP Cricket is there.

Try episode 1. It's good.

+1 on this. Just watched through it all today. The season finale is incredible, but the entire show is great too.

On 11/07/2018 at 04:17, CrOwentia said:

+1 on this. Just watched through it all today. The season finale is incredible, but the entire show is great too.

Just got there, fuckin hell.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lars Kuyt said:

Did anyone here watch the first episode of Who Is America? ? 

Is it worth watching?

Yeah, there's a thread for it. It's funny as fuck, but it's not going to start a conversation about anything besides the group of people that it's aimed at (which is, admittedly, liberals like me). Which is why I said in that thread, it's a funny show, but it's going to exist in a vacuum because no one on the right in America will ever watch this show and see their representatives embracing crazy, crackpot ideas.

• Like 1

So apparently in the new season of Family Guy, they are going to 'deal' with the Quagmire problem.

Over/Under on it being dealt with as effectively as the way the Simpsons handled their problem?

Edited by Noah

On 24/07/2018 at 08:22, Noah said:

So apparently in the new season of Family Guy, they are going to 'deal' with the Quagmire problem.

Over/Under on it being dealt with as effectively as the way the Simpsons handled their problem?

7 hours ago, BartholomewHigginsJones said:

Forget that, are they going to get a black guy to voice Cleveland? :shifty:

I'm out of the loop on Family Guy, what is this all about?

Quagmire is a sex-crazed fiend who only sees women as sex objects. In the #Metoo movement, that must change, I guess.

Me personally, I don't think cartoons should change their characters.

What should change is Mostly for Millinnials should be taken off of TV and the fourth season of Rick and Morty take its place.

As for Cleveland Brown I guess he mentioned it because he's voiced by a white voice actor (Mike Henry), unless there's something else I don't know about. Oddly, in The Cleveland Show (a spin-off of Family Guy based on Cleveland's life) there's also a white redneck character (Lester) who's voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson.

Edited by Malenko

I was just making a half-joking comparison about people wanting an Indian actor to voice Apu on the Simpsons, so the same should hold true for a black actor to voice Cleveland Brown on Family Guy.

On a somewhat related note, the Cleveland Show was pretty awful. I mean I'm someone who thinks Family is pretty hit and miss anyway but I do definitely like it at its best but yeah...the Cleveland Show was pretty damned awful.

Edited by Noah