General Television Thread

Hellfire

17 hours ago, K said:

This episode of GLOW with all the skits is doing nothing for me...

I have googled it and apparently everyone loves this episode, so I guess I'm in the minority.

Is that the one that supposed to be an actual episode of the program? Yeah, I didn't really like that episode either. Just felt like a whole load of nothing.

1 hour ago, Benjamin said:

Working an event tonight, working a whole day event tomorrow. Office on Sunday. 

Might not get even a third of the way through the season :( 

It's a bit... Weird to binge tbh. For me at least. I'm about to finish episode two and I'm definitely gonna take a break and digest for a while. Might do an episode tomorrow.

1 minute ago, El Hijosh del Ice Cream said:

It was quintessential wrestling. Lots of character and story with a bit of wrestling thrown in. Just depends how you like your wrestling.

I like what Kimmy Schmidt did. They had an episode about the weird crime documentary they made, and they put the actual documentary out as a bonus episode after the fact. It was just disappointing to sit down in the evening ready for a good drama show with Wrestling in, but then actually have to watch a very bad wrestling show instead.

I thought that episode of GLOW had some really fun elements to it and I enjoyed that they did it, but it definite was nowhere near my favorite episode of the season (which is, for some, "The Mother of All Matches").

• Like 1

15 hours ago, K said:

Season two is also very good. I think I preferred season one, but two is also definitely worth a watch.

Got a few eps of Season 2 left & enjoying it as much as the first. Some proper good shit in there 😏

Also into the first two episodes of Maniac. Definitely doesn't feel like something I could binge, but it stands out nicely amongst the other stuff Netflix has produced - definitely helps that it's grounded by two acting heavyweights. 

Overwhelmed by the amount of good TV at the moment. Anyone watching Killing Eve? It's fucking great.

I started watching Ozark and have just been introduced to Peter Mullan's character, Jacob Snell, and his dialogue is throwing me off. It doesn't look like he's actually talking, more like there is somebody doing the voice acting which is strange to me.

For example, in the first scene when he begins to talk, you don't really see his face, then there is a camera shot at the side of his head and his jaw isn't moving when he's speaking and now I've noticed it more since.

Is someone else actually doing the voice? Or is it poor editing? Either way, it's distracting.

Ok, upon seeing more, I’m convinced he’s not delivering the dialogue, I can’t find anything online about it though. Weird.

41 minutes ago, Tigerstyle said:

Is anyone watching The Circle?

If not, watch The Circle.

Its more Black Mirror than Black Mirror, but it's also the BEST reality TV show of all time

The flats are about five minutes from my parents house, which is weird.