General Television Thread

Hellfire

11 hours ago, Lars Kuyt said:

So excited!!!!!

Wow that looks horrible.

11 hours ago, livid said:

It will also last three seasons longer than it should have like its predecessor. 

So, there's going to be three seasons of this? :puke:

On 03/05/2018 at 23:45, JTHNumbers2018 said:

Just watched all ten episodes of Cobra Kai last night, its fantastic. They did an amazing job balancing everything, it was funny, it was touching, it was dramatic at the right moments,  it was nostalgic, fans of the originals will love it, but newer viewers will be able to enjoy it all the same. There were some great callbacks to the original, they fleshed out the original characters and new characters very well, and a lot of characters are a bit more shades of grey than the originals, but they don't overdo it and make the good guys too evil or the bad guys too nice etc. See, that is how you update a story to modern times without ruining what it was. Very happy with it and ready to watch it all again, really hoping there's another season.

Binged it the other night, I was very surprised how much of a labor of love this was. The last two episodes of the season have personally my favorite viewing experience in a very long time that hit all the emotion chords they where aiming for.  Considering the scuess it's been for YT Red and how the ended the series/season, I'll be very disappointing if we don't get a follow up of sorts.

2 minutes ago, livid said:

You know who's worse than their fans? The people that complain about their fans. :P

Obnoxious fans are basically a given for anything these days.

You know who's the worst? People that complain about people that complain about their fans. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, livid said:

Nah, that's people that cancel Brooklyn Nine-Nine. :( 

Awful news as this is easily my favourite sitcom since The Office. It's Top 5 all time for me and creeps higher up the list all the time.

Thing is though, 5 years is a good run and most sitcoms tend to struggle if they go on much further past this point. The Office died a miserable death, a drawn-out one at that, after "Niagara" in season 6, Scrubs did the same after Season 4. Friends is maybe the only exception that sustained pretty consistently for its entire 10 seasons (despite a couple of wobbles), so maybe this isn't such a bad thing after all.

Of course, forget I said any of that if it ends up getting revived by another station.

Fox really must hate live action comedies.I think Married with Children, That 70's Show and New Girl are about the only ones to make it past a handful of seasons.

If you're animated they'll usually keep you forever though.

New Girl was almost cancelled after Season 6, but Jake Johnson wrote to the people in charge of FOX basically begging for 8 more episodes and that's how we got Season 7. FOX obviously doesn't give a fuck about the show now, since this week and next week's series finale have two episodes crammed into an hour block.

I'm upset about New Girl and The Mick being cancelled, personally.

I'm going to be in some Taskmaster thing on Monday. I'll be part of a celebrities task for season 7. No idea who the person is going to be. I guess this confirms that season 7 is a-go anyway.

Edit: filming location is right next to the golf course that the taskmaster house is on, so that's cool

• Like 6

fuck me, they just cancelled Designated Survivor 😢

13 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Amazing. Once you know when it airs let us know!

will do, guess it will be end of this year, maybe like October. They seem to be doing two seasons a year now.

• Like 1